View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

INSANITY and ho hum swimming now

Rate this Entry
by , April 25th, 2013 at 11:13 AM (560 Views)
I've started INSANITY!! I must say, P90X really helped me get into land-shape! I can tell because I can actually do the warmup bits (3 rounds total 12 mins) without dying. I am really bad at Level 2 drills, ski abs, and in-and-outs, but the last is probably so hard b/c it comes at the very bitter end of a series.

Swimming has been ok! I am doing some workouts on my own, because I didn't do quite as much pure sprinting this year and it showed. But my 200 back is a very strong top ten contender! A 2:20 has always made it and I am at 2:17.8!

Here's what I did yesterday:

warmup - maybe 250?

6 x 100 kick/swim
==No. I didn't feel like it. so i did 50's kick/swim. Then decided that was too much so put on my fins and went the same slow speed.

5 x 100 pull
===> no. put on my parachute and did 50s.

Main set:
4 rounds of 4 x 50's and 200 easy
Set 1: 50's on :40
I had to do these free. Held 35-36

Set 2:50's on :50
Did these backstroke! Held 39-42

Set 3: 50's on 1:00
cheaty 50's- 25 easy free, 25 fast fly

Set 4: 50's on 1:10
did 25 strong, broken 5 seconds, 25 fast. held 30-31.

The End
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I've been able to Insanity at night and still swim during the day. I think when school is out, I will try to lift lift lift meaning strength training. Maybe make it the cornerstone for a change. I think i'm just not strong enough. I need to make a really good effort to stick with it the entire summer!

I age up for meters this year! I turn 45 in May. It's nice to get into a new age group but nothing new since there are fast women, arguably more fast women in my new age group in my favorite events. But, if you aren't #1, who really cares if you are #2 or #10. I would like to do a serous SCM meet this year. 2 day format with lots-o-rest in between events and seasoned meet people who get all my splitsy requests.

Submit "INSANITY and ho hum swimming now" to Digg Submit "INSANITY and ho hum swimming now" to del.icio.us Submit "INSANITY and ho hum swimming now" to StumbleUpon Submit "INSANITY and ho hum swimming now" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

4 rounds of 4 x 50's and 200 easy
    A great set - objective: hold 200 pace on the 50s.
    Did you do this SCM?
    I missed your meet report, so went back and read it. Those were some smoking fast 100 and 200 back times!

45-49 is a killer age group with Fall W., Susan W, Ellen R., Kristin Gary, etc. 50-54 isn't much better with all the new age ups either. I went 24.86 at Zones (under the 50 free NR of 24.91) only to find that Sue Walsh swam a 24.7 and Anna Scott-Kube swam 24.8 at other meets.

NE Champs is by far the best meet on the east coast for SCM with lots of rest. Usually second weekend in Dec. They have always processed my split requests perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    A great set - objective: hold 200 pace on the 50s.
    Did you do this SCM?
    SCM. Yes, for the back is was sort of broken 200! I was just making interval on the frees on :40, then did fast 25's fly, and last was broken 50's with emphasis on coming back with the wheels still on.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I missed your meet report, so went back and read it. Those were some smoking fast 100 and 200 back times!

45-49 is a killer age group with Fall W., Susan W, Ellen R., Kristin Gary, etc. 50-54 isn't much better with all the new age ups either. I went 24.86 at Zones (under the 50 free NR of 24.91) only to find that Sue Walsh swam a 24.7 and Anna Scott-Kube swam 24.8 at other meets.

NE Champs is by far the best meet on the east coast for SCM with lots of rest. Usually second weekend in Dec. They have always processed my split requests perfectly.
    Thanks! Yes, I was pretty happy with the 200 time but I actually think I was pretty tired for the 100. It hurt more than any other event and I was really dying on the last length, much more so than the 200! I have lots of room for improvement! I would like to try the 200 breast in SCM.