View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 29 - Thursday(Taper Week 2)

Rate this Entry
Despite my taper being a long slow reduction I am feeling the reduction in yardage already and I feel pretty good in the water. Today's workout was low intensity medium distance and I felt good.

16x75 on 1.05 swum, kick,drill,swim with snorkel
8x100 kick on 2mins holding 1.25
3x500 pull with paddles on 5.30
10x50 back on 45
3x(2x125 swum as 25 fly, 100 free on 1.45, 4x50 swum 25 back 25 breast on 55)
2x200 kick on 4mins

Total 5450

I held the 1.25 kick pace pretty easily and went 5.20,5.15,5.15 on the 500 pulls at moderate intensity(I felt strong on these and had to resist the urge to go for it). The pool was being switched for long course as I left so tomorrow will be fun!

-----------

I was curious how my yardage had dropped over the last couple of weeks and despite the week not being done yet I am forecasting i will do about 35k. So over the last 4 weeks my yardage has been approx, 60k, 40k, 37k, 35k. I also went from 5 days of weights and swim bench to dropping down to 3 then 2 and now no weights or bench. The 60k was my training camp week, but the drop explains why I am feeling much better and I suspect I will feel even better next week.

I know I am on a long taper(3weeks) but this worked in the past and my yardage is still pretty high in general. I am looking forward to some broken swims next week and then a real drop in yardage the week of Nationals. I am starting to get excited at the prospect of swimming fast again.

Submit "Week 29 - Thursday(Taper Week 2)" to Digg Submit "Week 29 - Thursday(Taper Week 2)" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 29 - Thursday(Taper Week 2)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 29 - Thursday(Taper Week 2)" to Google

Updated April 25th, 2013 at 10:15 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Some quick 500 pulls for sure. I see that we're seeded one behind the other in the 500 if you sort it by "all ages". It will be fun to try to keep up with you!
    Awesome. I am looking forward to swimming fast and having our own personal dual meet. It should be a lot of fun.