Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:30-7:30pm
by, April 26th, 2013 at 12:48 AM (344 Views)
Tonight was a very very light day in terms of attendance. There was some kind of school activity that took away 2/3 or so of the Black Group tonight. I didn't mind, because I got a lane to myself, and really got to treat the night as a taper, and John worked with me on it as well.
600 (25 Free/25 V-sit scull)
10 x 50 Tombstone Flutter Kick @ 1:30 (held ~1:05s)
Main Set - 2 Groups that we rotated 3 lanes at a time:
6 x 200 Choice Stroke @ 5:00 EN3 work, 31+ HR/10 sec. - go FAST!
- I modified slightly, but with the same general theme:
- 2 x 200 Free (went 2:06/2:06)
- 2 x 200 Free Broken @ 100 for :15 sec. (went 2:05/2:03)
- 2 x 200 Free Broken @ 50s for :10 sec. (went 2:00/1:57)
20 x 25 Bucket Pulling w/ paddles & buoy @ 1:30
- John had me do something entirely different -
- 20 x 25 Free @ 1:30 Odds EZEZ, Evens AFAP w/ overkick (these I held :12s, maybe even close to an :11)
- He said I was looking very good on these
16 x 50 Free w/ paddles and fins @ 1:15
Odds EZEZ, Evens FAST - but use the paddles to go, don't rely on the fins
- I didn't have my fins today, but borrowed some of the zoomers from the pool
- went :25s pretty much for all the fast ones
- was racing a 15 year old girl in the next lane over who was very fast...she had long fins on which helped too. I'm sure I would have probably gone slower with long fins on freestyle
- The last one we were in the high :23/low :24 range and neither of us wanted to lose. Not sure who won it though.
Now that's a good way to start tapering. I had fun with it, and went really fast on my swims too! Just need more rest, and less work at work. I can at least fix the resting part...work is going to be there whether I like it or not. Good thing we're getting close to finishing our installation/fabrication project on part of the cherry room, 'cause I'm getting too many welding spark burns! Oww!