View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Friday, April 26, 2013 - Miromar Lakes

Rate this Entry
by , April 26th, 2013 at 05:28 PM (713 Views)
Miromar Lakes, FL 33913
Sunny and clear, Humidity 41%
Air temp 84, water temp 79

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miromar Lakes 2013 5K OW Course.JPG 
Views:	359 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	7456
2013 USMS 5K National Championships
Saturday, April 27 - Miromar Lakes, FL

Warm up:
LCM@FGCU Aquatic Center
Dryland Bands
800 FR Drills and EZ Swim
8x100 FR on 2:00 *1:18-1:16

*Set 1*
Swim FR one loop of the 2013 5K OW Swim Course at Miromar Lakes

Warm Down:
Hang out by the final buoy a few minutes
Talking, making new friends, hot shower
Dryland Bands

Comments:
The practice swim at Miromar Lakes was really fun. The first 1000 yards I was feeling some stiffness, but it was easy to sight all the turn buoys, the water was perfect, and then by the time I turned the second buoy in the channel I was swimming well. By then I had found my OW stroke and tempo.

I enjoyed meeting some of the swimmers also trying out the course. It was good I brought extra silicone caps as one swimmer's cap broke just before getting in the lake, and since I was wearing two, I gave her my top orange one, and then off we went.

It should be a great time tomorrow for all the participants!

Submit "Friday, April 26, 2013 - Miromar Lakes" to Digg Submit "Friday, April 26, 2013 - Miromar Lakes" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, April 26, 2013 - Miromar Lakes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, April 26, 2013 - Miromar Lakes" to Google

Updated April 26th, 2013 at 06:54 PM by fdtotten

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

That sounds like the perfect pre-race-day workout. It's always reassuring to get to practice on the course beforehand. Have a great swim tomorrow!
    Good luck tomorrow! Nice to have the opportunity to swim the course prior to race day.
    Go, Frank, go!
    Have a terrific swim Frank. You have put in a lot of hard work and tomorrow you will see that effort pay off. You will do great!
    Good luck Frank! Look forward to the race report.
    Have a great swim!