View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 05/01/13: evening

Rate this Entry
Hey, I was able to get into the water a second time today!

200 FR/200 BK/200 IM drill
10 x 100 FR (on 1:20 - 1:40 sendoff)
100 float
300 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2000 yds/40 min)
------------------------

I was able to accomplish a lot today, including charging the lawn mower battery with the trickle charge for my motorcycle and also helping my wife with some projects, and my son mentioned that there was a lap swim tonight before Bible Study. I forgot that the Rec has added 2 lanes for laps during the family swims, so I had the treat of a second splash.

Split the lane with my son and another for about 15 minutes before a mom and three kids decided to swim "laps." I finished the 100's, and was going to "Build a 200 IM" but scratched that - all I gotta say is that signs are clearly posted that private swim lessons are prohibited, and that is what was going on. After almost pushing off on a 5 year old that jumped just before I flipped at the wall, I tried to remind them what the circle swimming concept is, and it did not sink in. I'll mention that to the director next week when I see her.

Oh well, I was able to sneak in an extra 2k yds, while Preston swam 500! Not sure why, but my family has gotten the swim bug lately. Pretty cool!

Submit "Workout 05/01/13: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 05/01/13: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 05/01/13: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 05/01/13: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I know you're not the type to do this, but next time the 5 year old jumps in again like that...oops! Speed Bump!
    Lap swimming lanes can be crazy at times.