Rate this Entry
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

400 various
4 x 50 fly drills @ 1:10
4 x (25 scull + 25 free) w/agility paddles @ 1:10
8 x 25 back shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
4 x (25 free w/slow arms & fast feet + 25 EZ DAB)
50 EZ

Main sets:

6 x 25 burst + cruise
75 EZ
2 x (25 back from the blocks @ 100 pace + 75 EZ)
-- 14 lows
75 EZ
10 x 25
odds = up tempo free w/fins
evens = EZ
50 EZ
100 scull

Total: 2200

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did a slightly modified version of taper workout #4 from the HIT forum: http://forums.usms.org/showthread.ph...Non-Taper-Sets

I've been tapering 5 days now and my legs are definitely still tired. But it's almost time to do virtually nothing. :-)

The depth on my backstroke starts is still sort of inconsistent. But I had a really deep one when I went 27.2 last weekend, so I won't fret over it. In fact, I think I will be pretty laid back about the 50 fly and 50 back at Nationals bc I posted such fast times (for me) at Zones. If I don't go any faster, no worries! The two events I'm most focused on are 100 back and 50 free. I wish they weren't the last day ... Ah well.

Who is up for a forum dinner on Friday night: Here is a possible restaurant: http://www.palomino.com/

Submit "Thursday, May 2" to Digg Submit "Thursday, May 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, May 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, May 2" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I'm on my way down to "nearly nothing" compared to what I've been doing. I've been on a slow decline, with more resting/EZ sets. Lots of faster racy type swims as well. I'm feeling good overall, but I just need physical rest. My 60+ hours a week on the job is killing my taper!!! GRRRRRR...
    I wish I could drop to that yardage but I am only just getting warmed up at that distance. Next week I may get close!

I would love to do dinner but I will need to eat early so it may not work out. Let me know if there is a group and if you are open to an early dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I wish I could drop to that yardage but I am only just getting warmed up at that distance. Next week I may get close!

I would love to do dinner but I will need to eat early so it may not work out. Let me know if there is a group and if you are open to an early dinner.

I only did 3300 tonight. I'll be dropping lower and lower next week on my two swims. For the weekend I'm off altogether, only because all the pools are closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I'm on my way down to "nearly nothing" compared to what I've been doing. I've been on a slow decline, with more resting/EZ sets. Lots of faster racy type swims as well. I'm feeling good overall, but I just need physical rest. My 60+ hours a week on the job is killing my taper!!! GRRRRRR...
    Well, you're doing it all right in the pool!

What is "early"? I doubt it will be too late. But I'm not entirely sure if anyone in the group has a relay at the end. I think Water Rat + 4 might. I'm done early after 50 breast.

Fast twitch and slow twitch folk are just different.
    I only did 3300 tonight. I'll be dropping lower and lower next week on my two swims. For the weekend I'm off altogether, only because all the pools are closed.
    It will do you good to have a weekend off!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    What is "early"? I doubt it will be too late. But I'm not entirely sure if anyone in the group has a relay at the end. I think Water Rat + 4 might. I'm done early after 50 breast.

Fast twitch and slow twitch folk are just different.
    I am thinking around 6pm. My 500 is first up on saturday morning and i would typically try to get some extra sleep that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Well, you're doing it all right in the pool!
    That's because I try harder in the pool that I do at work.

It's a good thing my boss doesn't read this.
    I am thinking around 6pm. My 500 is first up on saturday morning and i would typically try to get some extra sleep that night.
    He's just worried that I'm seeded right next to him.

Thing is, with the workout times Stewart's been doing, I'm gonna probably be chasing him after the first 25.

Thing is, with the workout times Stewart's been doing, I'm gonna probably be chasing him after the first 25.
    Sadly this wimpy sprinter will be snoozing during the 500s. Sounds like a good race though!

Worried is definitely not the word I would use. I am really looking forward to a good race and may the best man win! We both have a lot of racing before we get to the 500!

I wish I could have doubled up with the 1650 and the 1000 then I wouldn't have to swim the back on Sunday. Oh well.