View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 30 - Saturday(Taper week 3)

Rate this Entry
Today there was an age group B/C meet at the pool so I got in as the pool was being setup. I was joined by Scott, Nicky and Sid. Nicky and I are going to Nationals and Scott and Sid are starting training for next year(both age up). Today was an easy swim, but once again I felt out of sorts. I hope I will start to feel more energetic soon. I plan on having a very easy and lazy weekend and plan on sleeping a lot between naps.

Workout
400 free with snorkel
6x50 drill alternating catchup and finger drag drill on 45
6x100 kick on 2 mins
3x200 pull on 2.45
6x100 drill with snorkel on 1.30
12x50 swum as 25 underwater, 25 DPS with fins on 50
4x50 swum 25 fast 25 easy with strong turns with fins
500 easy

Total 3800

I received a good luck card from my swim team in England yesterday, which was so nice and it's nice to know I have such great support. Thanks Woking Swimming Club.

Submit "Week 30 - Saturday(Taper week 3)" to Digg Submit "Week 30 - Saturday(Taper week 3)" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 30 - Saturday(Taper week 3)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 30 - Saturday(Taper week 3)" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Woking huh?

Ironically Bruce Foxton lived next to my parents when I was growing up and i did not know until I had grown up and he had moved. You have to love the Jam.
    I know I do. Anyone under 30 has probably never even heard of them
    You maybe surprised. My 9 year old daughter was listening to Madness the other day. She did not have a clue who she was listening too, but she was humming along on Pandora. Somehow they linked Madness with one of her disney bands! Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I know I do. Anyone under 30 has probably never even heard of them
    Or 35 as well. I have no idea who they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Or 35 as well. I have no idea who they are.
    Yeah, but you're from Wenatchee. You probably never heard of Michael Jackson until he died.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Somehow they linked Madness with one of her disney bands! Go figure.
    Yeah, I see that all the time when I'm watching music videos on Youtube. You'll wonder why an old song which you would assume would be somewhat obscure has so many views. Usually it turns out it was used in some movie or on Glee, etc.
    Yeah, but you're from Wenatchee. You probably never heard of Michael Jackson until he died.
    I guess I am not much better. I don't know where Wenatchee is.

As a child I remember my parents going on about how music in the 60s was the best, and I catch myself listening to early 80s music all the time and thinking similarly....OMG I am turning into my parents!
    That's okay, we have a cool sign like this:

We put that on the "Seattle side" of town, just so we can look a little better.

Coming from the other end of town, you get this:

Love it!