View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Monday, May 6, 2013 7:00-8:00ish

Rate this Entry
I took off the last 3 days, not by choice, but because the pools in town were closed for the city-wide "holiday" festival of Apple Blossom. It's a big deal around here, I guess, they have a few parades and such, the carnival rides, the way overpriced food court in the park, etc. It's fun in a way, but not really what I'm in to. I just relaxed the weekend out of the pool, and more time spent at work getting overtime.
I enjoyed my time on Sunday down along the river with my wife, kids, and two of the cousins. We did a bit of casual bike riding along the paved path, played on the toys, threw rocks in the river...just wasted away a few hours. Hot sun though. It's actually hotter here right now than it is in Arizona if you can believe that!! Low 90s here, low to mid 80s there. I'd rather have 70s and sun all the time though.

--------------------------

I started off my swim feeling a bit sluggish, but 3 days out of the water can do that to you. I was quickly back to feeling good, and just did the kids set EZ, or with modifications, aiming for a 2500-3000 yard distance, or about an hour.

Warmup:

10 minute choice (did 500 Free)
(500)

Main Set (or at least what I was there for):

Asst. coach just said to swim these aerobic, not big rush on the speed.
1 x 200 Free @ 3:00 Did 1 x 200 Free went 2:25
2 x 175 Free @ 2:40 Did 2 x 175 Free cruise didnt look at the clock
3 x 150 Free @ 2:20 Did 3 x 150 Free Pull @ 80%+ effort (1:40,1:40,1:37)
4 x 125 Free @ 2:00 Did 4 Sets of 1 x 25 Free @ 2:00 (that's 4 x 1-25s, right??)
5 x 100 Free @ 1:40 Did 5 x 50 Free EZ @ 1:40
6 x 75 Free @ 1:20 Did 6 x 75 Free Build @ 1:20, but at back of lane
7 x 50 Free @ 1:00 Did 4 x 50 Free (swam the odd ones, rested the evens) @ 1:00
8 x 25 Free @ :40 Did 4 x 25 Free Semi-Fast @ 1:20ish

-----------------------------
Roughly 2600, if I counted it right.

I was done for the night, and will cut it down a bit more tomorrow, which will be my final swim before getting to Indy. No swim for me on Wednesday, just doesn't work out with the work/airplane travel schedule. At least I'll be rested this week.

Submit "Monday, May 6, 2013 7:00-8:00ish" to Digg Submit "Monday, May 6, 2013 7:00-8:00ish" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, May 6, 2013 7:00-8:00ish" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, May 6, 2013 7:00-8:00ish" to Google

Comments

What time do you get to Indy on Wednesday?
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    He told me they're on a red-eye flight and get in Thursday morning. Sounds lovely.
    My flight gets in at around 11:15 p.m. tomorrow night, so I'm hoping for no glitches or I could get in Thursday morning, too!
    My flight gets in at around 11:15 p.m. tomorrow night, so I'm hoping for no glitches or I could get in Thursday morning, too!
    Good thing you'll be in the last heat!
    Updated May 7th, 2013 at 03:03 PM by ekw (last, not first, DUH)
    The online checkin for the distance events is up and running on the nationals web page so don't forget to register. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person. See you Thursday.
    I leave Seattle WEDNESDAY at about 11:15 (PM), and get to Indy around 9:30 (AM) on THURSDAY.

That way I have excuse #1 ready just in case I have a bad swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    He told me they're on a red-eye flight and get in Thursday morning. Sounds lovely.
    Flying West to East kills a day anyway, so I figure, why not just do it at night and sleep during my normal sleep hours anyway.
    On a good day, I'm asleep around 11:00pm, and wake up at 4:30am for work, so I'm basically on 5 to 5 1/2 hours a night as it is.
    What's your flight number, I could always call in a "glitch" for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    Good thing you'll be in the last heat!
    I'm #11 overall, so I'll be seeded near the top of my heat (the 2nd to last) if all goes as planned. I'm #10 among male swimmers, so I have some work to do, if you know what I mean!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    The online checkin for the distance events is up and running on the nationals web page so don't forget to register. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person. See you Thursday.
    Likewise! You didn't happen to scratch me from my events as a "welcome" did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Likewise! You didn't happen to scratch me from my events as a "welcome" did you?
    I didn't but I could have. I was surprised I did not have to login or anything to do the checkin.

Also I would miss the opportunity to race you if I did that and I am really looking forward to a good race with you.