View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:30-6:15ish Final Swim till...

Rate this Entry
Indy!!!

All I have left is 10 hours of work to survive through tomorrow, and then it'll be time to shave, get to the airport in Seattle, and then final sleep on my way to Chicago and Indy. I'm ready to race!

I did a 400 Free warmup tonight, and then just intermixed a bunch of 50s, with a few EZ EZ 100s while the kids were doing a 2000 yard kick set.
I did build 50s, a few at 500 pace (29/30s), and EZ stuff. A few of each stroke as well, then just cooled down a couple 100s.

-----------------------------

1500 of pretty much nothing but feel good swimming.

Next time I'm wet in the pool, it'll be warming up for the mile.

======================

Final conversation with coach John were:

"Wow, that was a quick one!"
"Yeah, about 1500" I said, "Now it's just time to have fun".
His final words were "Go to the legs...and have fun".
"Don't worry, I'm already trained that way. It's my go-to stuff now."

Submit "Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:30-6:15ish Final Swim till..." to Digg Submit "Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:30-6:15ish Final Swim till..." to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:30-6:15ish Final Swim till..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:30-6:15ish Final Swim till..." to Google

Comments

Best of luck and swim fast in Indy. You've done the work; you, more than anyone else here, knows literally the meaning of the fruits of your labor. Enjoy them.
    I found this floating across my Facebook screen tonight, after mowing the front lawn before my Indy trip. (gotta get some last minute drylands in):
    Velocity Swimming
    All the swimmers Velocity Swimming would like to wish James A. the best of luck when he competes at USMS nationals.....represent!
    Made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Best of luck and swim fast in Indy. You've done the work; you, more than anyone else here, knows literally the meaning of the fruits of your labor. Enjoy them.
    Thanks Patrick! I'm finally ready to uncork this thing and rock and roll!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Made me smile.
    That's cool. I'm not sure anyone on my team even knows I'm going aside from my coach!