View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Always pack a suit!

Rate this Entry
I was able to get out for a little lunchtime swim at Westgate Rec Center in Dothan, Al again today. I'm still at the hospital with my aunt, but things are looking better. It seems she has pneumonia, but she is responding well to treatment and will probably be able to go home (with some home health care help) in the next couple of days. In the meanwhile, I was glad to get the opportunity to take a break while my mom was here during the day. Here's what I did:

1000 warmup:
200 free
200 stroke/free by 25
200 kick
200 reverse IM drill/swim by 25
4 x 50 free, desc

4 x 100 FR @ 1:45, desc.
2 x 200 FR @ 3:30, build each one
400 FR, alt 25 fast, 25 easy

2x thru
100 IM kick
200 IM swim

100 easy

I had more company at the pool today. Lap swim hours are from 11-1; but if you come before 12 it only costs $1 instead of $2, so the earlier time ends up more crowded. I was next to a woman swimming heads-up breaststroke, and felt self-conscious about doing butterfly and making waves in the laneline-less pool. Once she left I switched to IM. Another woman replaced her soon after, but I figured she could see what she was getting into swimming beside me. I try to be be on my best behavior here, since I'm a visitor and there aren't many serious adult swimmers at the pool. If they ever contemplate adding a masters team, I'd like for the lap swimmers to be enthusiastic about it.

I'll be staying a few more days than planned down here. I hope to be here when my aunt gets released, and help get her get settled back in at home. I feel so lucky that I packed a swimsuit on this trip. I did so only because I was originally planning to go directly from the airport to diving practice on my return flight. Swimsuits--never leave home without them!

Good luck to everyone going to Indy! I'll be looking at the results online and virtually cheering on all my fellow bloggers.

Submit "Always pack a suit!" to Digg Submit "Always pack a suit!" to del.icio.us Submit "Always pack a suit!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Always pack a suit!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So glad to hear that things are looking up and you are enjoying a new pool. I've been thinking of you with every attempt to rotate to my left.
    I'm glad your aunt is doing better.
    Thanks! Hannah I'm looking forward to swimming with you again once I'm back in the city.