View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Indy, Day 1

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Yes it is! It is sprinters day 1!

50 back, 27.04, NR

Great first event for me. My first event at Nats isn't always my best, so I was glad to see this time. Execution was good except I was too close to the wall on my turn. It didn't effect me materially, but might have made the .05 difference in getting under 27. Still extremely pleased. This event is clearly my baby with a 4.5 winning margin. I felt like I had a fast reaction time. But that doesn't seem to be listed in the results. I did really jam my finger on the finish, which required ice and 4 ibuprofen.

50 evil, 32.80, PR, 2nd

Really pleased with the time, but my execution was iffy. I dove in and took my bloody time taking my dolphin kick. And I had to short stroke both walls. I pulled ahead on the UW off the wall, but Kim Crouch tracked me down, out touching me by .02. I've never beaten her in yards. My turnover looked slow on the vid too (in complete contrast to my other strokes). Breaststroke is the most aggravating, unsightly, frustrating, bizarre stroke. And hence I am completely happy with my fake evil time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 is in the books and went very well. Teen Fort won her 50 evil so we are mommy daughter national champs. Now off to forum dinner!

Submit "Indy, Day 1" to Digg Submit "Indy, Day 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Indy, Day 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Indy, Day 1" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Great swims! It was nice to see you and Ali. Have fun at the forum dinner tonight. I'm sitting at the airport right now.
    Nice swims today and congrats on the mommy daughter double. I wont be able to make it tonight, I am just pooped and won't be much in the way of company. I will come by tomorrow after one of hour races and introduce myself. I hope you and the gang enjoy the dinner.
    Nice job!! You are very very fast in the sprints, and it was cool to finally see it happen live.
    You are the boss!
    I will never, ever gridge you in any 50. 27 flat on your backstroke?!? Hot damn, that is smoking. Congrats on the mother-daughter win. I'm already lobbying my oldest to come out to Santa Clara next spring when she is 18.
    Mother-Daughter national champs, that is really wonderful! It is your attention to the basic, as well as the granular details of training, preparation, and race execution (and of course being a very competitive racer) that make you the swimmer you are. I can understand that .05 possible difference in the NR 50 BK swim as I was thinking the same thing myself watching the race. While you are always striving for the perfect race, you do not obsess with it. I hope you have a good time at the dinner!
    I was cheering for you in the 50 back! Great swim
    I bet your daughter is having as much fun as you in such a big meet.
    Awesome times! Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Great swims! It was nice to see you and Ali. Have fun at the forum dinner tonight. I'm sitting at the airport right now.
    Thanks Kirk! Good work on the triple today! I'm sure you'll be happy getting home for your birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Nice swims today and congrats on the mommy daughter double. I wont be able to make it tonight, I am just pooped and won't be much in the way of company. I will come by tomorrow after one of hour races and introduce myself. I hope you and the gang enjoy the dinner.
    Dinner was fun! Congrats on your very speedy swims so far. I'm impressed you can go to sleep at 7:30 pm. I am hoping for midnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Nice job!! You are very very fast in the sprints, and it was cool to finally see it happen live.
    Thanks James! I'm glad you confirmed that I jammed the turn. Always room for improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I will never, ever gridge you in any 50. 27 flat on your backstroke?!? Hot damn, that is smoking. Congrats on the mother-daughter win. I'm already lobbying my oldest to come out to Santa Clara next spring when she is 18.
    I hope you succeed in persuading her!

Wished it had been 26.9, but I will definitely take it!
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    You are the boss!
    Thanks Steve! pretty psyched.
    James - thanks for posting the video, it was much more clear than what I saw the streaming video. I have subscribed, so I hope there may be more videos as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Mother-Daughter national champs, that is really wonderful! It is your attention to the basic, as well as the granular details of training, preparation, and race execution (and of course being a very competitive racer) that make you the swimmer you are. I can understand that .05 possible difference in the NR 50 BK swim as I was thinking the same thing myself watching the race. While you are always striving for the perfect race, you do not obsess with it. I hope you have a good time at the dinner!
    I do obsess about the perfect race! But I know how elusive it is. If I had taken one less stroke, that wouldn't have worked either. Even though my feet were high on the wall, I still was able to throw down my usual 16 kicks. 50 breast was not great, but I don't train for it so don't expect perfection.

Teen Fort has unfortunately adopted my hyper-analytical approach so wasn't that happy with her time. But you always have to be happy with a win!
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    I was cheering for you in the 50 back! Great swim
    I bet your daughter is having as much fun as you in such a big meet.
    Thanks Mike! I hope so, masters is supposed to be fun!
    Thanks for the vid! I wasn't even near the 15 m mark in the second 25. I had a foot or more.
    Thanks for the vid! I wasn't even near the 15 m mark in the second 25. I had a foot or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    James - thanks for posting the video, it was much more clear than what I saw the streaming video. I have subscribed, so I hope there may be more videos as possible.
    You can always check out my videos from past meets. They're all dated on the title line. If you want a good laugh, check out my 200 Fly from Mesa Nationals (roughly 5-1-11). Final 50 is a heartbreaker!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast