View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Indy, Day 1

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Yes it is! It is sprinters day 1!

50 back, 27.04, NR

Great first event for me. My first event at Nats isn't always my best, so I was glad to see this time. Execution was good except I was too close to the wall on my turn. It didn't effect me materially, but might have made the .05 difference in getting under 27. Still extremely pleased. This event is clearly my baby with a 4.5 winning margin. I felt like I had a fast reaction time. But that doesn't seem to be listed in the results. I did really jam my finger on the finish, which required ice and 4 ibuprofen.

50 evil, 32.80, PR, 2nd

Really pleased with the time, but my execution was iffy. I dove in and took my bloody time taking my dolphin kick. And I had to short stroke both walls. I pulled ahead on the UW off the wall, but Kim Crouch tracked me down, out touching me by .02. I've never beaten her in yards. My turnover looked slow on the vid too (in complete contrast to my other strokes). Breaststroke is the most aggravating, unsightly, frustrating, bizarre stroke. And hence I am completely happy with my fake evil time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 is in the books and went very well. Teen Fort won her 50 evil so we are mommy daughter national champs. Now off to forum dinner!

Submit "Indy, Day 1" to Digg Submit "Indy, Day 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Indy, Day 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Indy, Day 1" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mother and daughter National Champs is the BEST!!!!!
    It was great to see you at dinner!!!
    Been lurking quietly.

Leslie that was Fawesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Mother and daughter National Champs is the BEST!!!!!
    It was great to see you at dinner!!!
    Thanks Robin! Just great to see you too!
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Fawesome!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12