View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Friday, Indy Nats Day 2 Results

Rate this Entry
Woke up this morning after a wonderful night of almost 12 hours of sleep! Awesome!

Went over to the pool about 7:50am, waited till I saw the online postings for the 400 IM heat seedings to see how much time I had. Then I hit the Gold Medal breakfast session prior to getting wet. Squeezed into my suit, warmed up about 300 or so, (seriously). This also acted as my cooldown from last night's 1650. This is my training secret, other than snacking on fast food which everyone already knows about! I train like an animal, but when meets come, I do very little warmup and cooldowns. It's just the way I roll, and at least for now it works.

400 IM - 4th place - I thought I was going out quick, but I just couldn't keep up with the guy next to me who went out in a low 57. Ran him down in the final 100 though. In regards to that final 100, I had the fastest 100 Free split of all but the 1st place guy in my age group. Didn't break 1:00, but was close. 5 second+ drop for a season best, 3 seconds away from a masters best.

4 Adams, James 35 HMS 4:35.35 4:33.25
27.31 59.44 (32.13)
1:36.10 (36.66) 2:12.08 (35.98)
2:52.69 (40.61) 3:32.79 (40.10)
4:04.06 (31.27) 4:33.25 (29.19)

200 Free - 14th place - Dropped a second from my meet about 3 weeks ago, but I was just tired overall. Not fully recovered from the IM I guess. 10th place for a medal was 0.7 seconds faster than I went.

14 Adams, James 35 HMS 1:56.35 1:54.49
26.46 55.36 (28.90)
1:24.81 (29.45) 1:54.49 (29.68)

200 Fly - 5th place - 3rd event of the day, and I felt it. I didn't die, but I just couldn't get going, nor keep the momentum going strong like I wanted. Equalled the season best time I did back in February, so that is fine. Quite a few people did this same triple of events today, and congrats to all of them. You'll hear stories about some who did BOTH the 50 Back and 50 Breast too...but...

5 Adams, James 35 HMS 2:05.35 2:07.52
27.32 59.19 (31.87)
1:33.47 (34.28) 2:07.52 (34.05)

Tomorrow is my SUPER EZ day with only the 500 Free and 100 Free. After that we pack up, and get outta Dodge, getting back to Seattle around 8:30pm PST...then the almost 3 hour drive home over the mountains to Wenatchee.

Submit "Friday, Indy Nats Day 2 Results" to Digg Submit "Friday, Indy Nats Day 2 Results" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Indy Nats Day 2 Results" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Indy Nats Day 2 Results" to Google

Comments

I cannot even remotely equal you in attitude or toughness.
    Nice swimming today James. Sorry we never got much time to talk before/after the 200. I ended up loosening up for a good 30 minutes after the race and even headed back at around 4pm for another stretch swim. I am still sore but I am looking forward to our race together in the 500. I am going to grab another early nights sleep so will miss the forum dinner tonight. Don't have too much fun and oversleep in the morning! See you tomorrow.
    James, I was able to catch your 400 IM on the live stream -- your had a killer last 100 and almost, almost got that guy. Thankfully, I was muted on my conference call because I was cheering for you to hunt that guy down in the lane next to you. Impressive day after a 1650 stud swim the night before. Rest easy again tonight. Your 500's going to be great tomorrow.
    Dude, great swimming today! I was able to catch Kirk and Stewart in the 200 Fr before you - you all had great swims!
    How's your wife holding up? Lena always wants to check stuff out and I just want to nap, but end up taking one for the team.
    Great day is coming tomorrow!
    Nice going. I couldn't fathom doing the 200 free at Nationals. Sounds like a exhausting event to me. You da man, home slice!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I cannot even remotely equal you in attitude or toughness.
    It is tough to be me. But I do sometimes regret my event choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Nice swimming today James. Sorry we never got much time to talk before/after the 200. I ended up loosening up for a good 30 minutes after the race and even headed back at around 4pm for another stretch swim. I am still sore but I am looking forward to our race together in the 500. I am going to grab another early nights sleep so will miss the forum dinner tonight. Don't have too much fun and oversleep in the morning! See you tomorrow.
    Alright! I'm thinking about just diving into the race 100% "cold-turkey" tomorrow morning. After the way you've been swimming this weekend, I may have to race you to the 25 to have a chance!! The forum dinner was fun, you should've been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    James, I was able to catch your 400 IM on the live stream -- your had a killer last 100 and almost, almost got that guy. Thankfully, I was muted on my conference call because I was cheering for you to hunt that guy down in the lane next to you. Impressive day after a 1650 stud swim the night before. Rest easy again tonight. Your 500's going to be great tomorrow.
    Awesome! Most of the west coast folks (my family mainly) weren't even conscious that early in the morning! They have a video replay company with the events here, and the only heat they missed was my heat of the 400 IM, so I can't even watch it again. But from my vantage point I thought it was looking good. I just wished I could've given a little more in the breaststroke. I was on the verge of give up/don't, and when I noticed I was within striking distance I attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Dude, great swimming today! I was able to catch Kirk and Stewart in the 200 Fr before you - you all had great swims!
    How's your wife holding up? Lena always wants to check stuff out and I just want to nap, but end up taking one for the team.
    Great day is coming tomorrow!
    Thanks Mike! My wife is actually enjoying the trip. She's sleeping in, coming to the pool when she's ready, asking how much longer, and then we have fun walking the city. Had a good lunch/dinner at a chinese place in town, and then she returned to the hotel for movies and sports on tv while I went to the forumites dinner. She honestly would've been bored to death there, but I'm glad she didn't hold anything against me for going. I'll just be sleeping on the couch.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Nice going. I couldn't fathom doing the 200 free at Nationals. Sounds like a exhausting event to me. You da man, home slice!
    Thanks Tom! How about the 100 Free then? I have that tomorrow after the 500!