View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Friday 05102013

Rate this Entry
went up to Kino for the AM team workout
we had a choice of SCY (w/Laura) in the diving well, or LCM (w/Paul) in the main pool
I went in the main pool w/Paul

200 w/u

T-30 (got in 2000m)
100 easy

switched to the 'other' group...

4 x 100 @ 2:00, variables (50 easy/50 fast, 50 fast/50 easy, 100 easy, 100 fast)

pull set:
300 (mix in breast), used big paddles
200 (mix in back), used big paddles
100, used Agility paddles

200 w/d

TTL: 3500m

I didn't know what the heck Paul had planned. I had goggle issues, so I got out and was swapping them out, and he was trying to get me back in the pool. we had 2 lanes do the T-30, and he wanted each lane to line up and start en mass. I just went 10 sec behind the other 3 guys in my lane, and passed one about 100m later. the rest of that was fine.
then he wanted us to combine with the other lane (8 or so together) for a T-15, another mass start, etc. I wanted no part of it, I said, "no freaking way," except I don't think I said freaking. he started to say how it is like that for o/w swims... then I just said, "that's why I go off to the side, or just wait until the fray passes."

anyway, the 'other' set was much more mellow. I joined a lane with 3 others, started last but then moved to 3rd at some point. then I led on the pull set. there was a gal who swims for BYU during the school year, but is here on break. I was telling her how I was up in SLC in March, went down to Provo for a day, and even went on campus. she just couldn't believe it...

after work, I went to the gym
24 Hour Fitness @ Mesa-Riverview

Tmill: 26 min, 357 cal, 3.1 miles
Separate warmup (about 2 min)
Started at 6.8 mph, very gradual rampup to 7.9 mph
A min warmdown
Splits: 8:45, 17:00, 24:56

Leg rolling: 5 min
Plank w forearms on roller: 3 min done as two rounds of 45 sec right/45 sec left
About 5 min of various stretching, mostly legs and back
Bicycles: 2 x 50

Pull-ups: 3 x 6 + 7 sec horiz legs

Biceps curls on seated preacher: 2 x 12 x 70, 2 x 10 x 75

Hammer strength front lat pulldowns: 1 x 15 x 90, 2 x 12 x 140, 1 x 9 x 160

Star trak rear delt: 1 x 15 x 50, 2 x 12 x 75, 1 x 9 x 90

Swim: 500 SCM, easy cool-down swim

I really wanted to get to the gym at least once this week yea 2-3 times is better, but 1 is better than 0.
wasn't sure I even wanted to run, but once I got on a tmill, I found a good rhythm. and they had fixed all of the broken machines, so I had many to choose from.

the gym wasn't that busy, but the stretching area sure was while I was over there.
when I went to the gym last week, I took weights pretty easy. decided to go almost normal today...certainly not what I was lifting when I went regularly, but getting there. I'll probably have some soreness (already feel it coming on), but hopefully not too bad. the easy swim-down should help that.

oh when I first got to the gym, the manager and another worker were in the locker room cutting locks. they put up signs a week or so ago, and he said they tagged locks. most of them were empty, but if there was stuff in there, they were bagging it up to donate to Goodwill.

so I was going to do this Canyon Lake swim tomorrow. I was about to register yesterday...then saw some chatter on Facebook about the water temp. I do have a wetsuit, but it is one that someone gave me and I don't think it is the right size. I wore it once, and really didn't care for it. between cooler water, and this lingering cold/allergy flare-up, I decided to pass on this. but I'll probably do the next swim in a couple weeks out at Lake Pleasant.

Submit "Friday 05102013" to Digg Submit "Friday 05102013" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday 05102013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday 05102013" to Google

Comments