View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 33 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I had a good nights sleep last night and woke up for the first time since Friday not congested. I had the goo d after affects of my taper at the beginning of practice but by the end I was poooped. This was a long 75 minute workout.

Warmup
400 free with snorkel
6x50 alternating catchup and finger drag drill on 45
6x100 IM descend 1-3, 4-6 on 1.20

Main set
4x500 free on 6mins, #1 breath every 5, #2 over kick, #3 4 SDKs off walls, #4 DPS
6x200 on 2.50 2x(IM, free, back/free by 50)

Total 4500

I felt tired by the end of this one. Found out after practice my team is hosting a long course meet on 6th July in Rockwall, Tx. The meet details will be posted in the next couple of days. I can't wait. we have an awesome facility and we need to host some more meets. Now all I have to do is motivate my own team to sign up.

Submit "Week 33 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 33 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 33 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 33 - Wednesday" to Google

Updated May 15th, 2013 at 08:38 AM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I will most definitely be signing up! I'm so excited! We will have to team up on getting people to sign up! See you Friday morning!
    That's great Nikki. I never doubted you would sign up. we need to work on the others. I think Chris and Scott will swim, but we need to work on Karen, Alex, etc.

See you Friday.
    I think I can get Karen as long as she doesn't have to go out of town for work! I'm going to start doing two a days so I will convince her and work on the afternoon crowd. I'm so excited about having a meet in our pool. I think you were just as excited as I was. I think between the two of us we should be able to get a good number of people to go.
    Great.

The two a days is tough, but you will benefi endurance wise. I plan on taking the summer relatively easy, doing mornings and spending time with my kids. I will start doubles again after the kids go back to school.

I am excited at the prospect of the meet at our pool. I still plan registering for zones. I won't be in brilliant shape but I need to keep racing.