Swim/LCM/Solo @ Mason

Warm up:

500 various
100 scull w/agility paddles
4 x 50 w/fins @ 1:15
-- 30 shooter + 20 EZ back kick
4 x 50 breast drills
-- kick w/buoy, carla drill, kick on back, 1 pull + 2 kick
-- kicking w/a buoy is worthless -- my heels are constantly breaking the surface
5 attempted crossover turns
-- very awkward
-- i think i managed a couple correctly
-- but i worry that i won't get much distance off the walls unless i'm doing them super fast
50 EZ

Main Sets:

3 x (50 w/fins @ 100 pace + 100 EZ) @ 3-4:00
1 = breast, 33
2 = back, 31
3 = free, 29

4 x (50 w/fins @ 95% + 150 EZ) @ 5:00
-- wasn't sure I could blast away 100% in a LCM pool
1 = flutter kick w/board & fins, 27 (felt like a looong way)
2 = breast, 31
3 = fly, 27
4 = backstroke kick (UW 35m), 25

recovery/technique set:
12 x 50 @ 1:15 w/agility paddles & fins
odds = 25 front scull + 25 DPS free
evens = DPS backstroke
50 EZ DAB

Total: 3000 m

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whoa, I was really tired after yesterday's first LCM workout. I tried to get a super night's sleep, but was foiled first by Teen Fort waking me up, then Lil Fort waking me up, and then the phone continuously ringing. Hopefully, I can snooze well tonight. I'm still tired from Nats and making up for sleep deprivation there. Still, I feel like I got in a very solid workout today. I worked on a narrower breast pull and my turnover did feel faster.

I was looking at the LCM Zones lineup. I have no idea how big the meet will be; usually CZ isn't very long. The Saturday lineup begins with 100 back, 200 breast, 50 free ... If I swim 100 back, will I have time to recover for the 50s? Can't decide. I may sign up for 100 and see what the timeline is like.

Meet videos:
50 back: http://coverage.takeitlive.tv/Other/...2876&k=kGh6K5v
50 fly: http://coverage.takeitlive.tv/Other/...6764&k=6NgJ2Tq

Submit "More LCM, Wed., May 15" to Digg Submit "More LCM, Wed., May 15" to del.icio.us Submit "More LCM, Wed., May 15" to StumbleUpon Submit "More LCM, Wed., May 15" to Google

Updated May 15th, 2013 at 06:39 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Any chance you have the colonies zone LCM meet in Richmond on your summer schedule?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Any chance you have the colonies zone LCM meet in Richmond on your summer schedule?
    Yes! That will likely be my only long course meet this summer. And that's why I made an effort to hop right into long course after nationals. It's only 6+ weeks away! Are you coming?
    I'm toying with coming for Saturday only and doing the 50 and 200 free. Not sure if I'll rest for it. Will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress;
    It's only 6+ weeks away! Are you coming?
    yes, though more to hang out with my parents and see my brother; I doubt my racing will be that impressive. I am about to embark upon my own bastardized HIT for non-HIT events tomorrow. It will be fun, regardless of my times. While I might be smoking something, I do think I can put up a decent enough 100 and 200 free, but only because I have rarely raced them long course. I suspect my 200 fly and 400 IM will be markedly slower than the last couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I'm toying with coming for Saturday only and doing the 50 and 200 free. Not sure if I'll rest for it. Will see.
    Just rest for 3-5 days if you're not in the mood for a real taper. I have good results with 5 days rest. I'll prolly rest 10 days, but I want to do well in the 50 fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    yes, though more to hang out with my parents and see my brother; I doubt my racing will be that impressive. I am about to embark upon my own bastardized HIT for non-HIT events tomorrow. It will be fun, regardless of my times. While I might be smoking something, I do think I can put up a decent enough 100 and 200 free, but only because I have rarely raced them long course. I suspect my 200 fly and 400 IM will be markedly slower than the last couple of years.
    400 IM on HIT? Better do some race simulation! So happy to be retired from that event. And the 200 IM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    400 IM on HIT? Better do some race simulation! So happy to be retired from that event. And the 200 IM.
    so, basically, aside from a test set workout each week, my plan is to do 2-3race simulation workouts each week-- meet warmup and then simulate what I am racing on each day of the meet. I think all of the swims will be broken so I can focus on speed and intensity. It is not likely to be a successful strategy, but I think my shoulder is good for a max of about 2500 in a workout and that should do it.
    I was looking at the LCM Zones lineup. I have no idea how big the meet will be; usually CZ isn't very long. The Saturday lineup begins with 100 back, 200 breast, 50 free ... If I swim 100 back, will I have time to recover for the 50s?
    That's a though one, since there may not be many heats of the 2breast. Your approach sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    That's a though one, since there may not be many heats of the 2breast. Your approach sounds good.
    Yeah, prolly won't work. And 200 back is right before 50 fly ..
    Crash Taper 5 days: No Weights, no running, watch your diet.
    drop yardage in chunks.
    Say ur a 3000 per workout swimmer.
    Mon 1800 with some speed work
    Tue 1500 with about 200 speed work
    Wed 800 4 x 25 of speed
    Thur 600 technique day finish with 2 x 25 all out on first 15 yards ez to wall.
    Fri Rest
    You could Rest Thursday too...I like rest. Just finish last workout with the 2 x 15yard max efforts. You can also make the bursts the last thing in warm up you do before racing.

I've not done it for a travel meet but take the extra rest day and hydrate. This from my "let your feet fill in the blanks" coach's play book, and it ties in with Fort's HIT regimen too.

Can't afford to go or I would join you all.