View RSS Feed

Calvin S

Wednesday 5/15/13

Rate this Entry
Wednesday 5/15

PM only LCM (w/ Trip and Larry...Doug Martin came by and lurked around on the deck stretching while we swam. I think he is still recovering from his AMAZING Nationals last week!)

700 swim

5x200 @ 3:00 AE (2:44s across the board)
6x200 @ 2:50 D1-3, 4-6 (2:44, 2:39, 2:35, 2:43, 2:39, 2:33)

10x100 @ 1:50 25 under H2O kick/25 swim w/ fins
1 - FR
1 - FL

Total: 3900

Submit "Wednesday 5/15/13" to Digg Submit "Wednesday 5/15/13" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday 5/15/13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday 5/15/13" to Google

Updated May 16th, 2013 at 01:55 PM by Calvin S

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Calvin, I know it's a long drive but thought I would let you know we are having a long course meet in Rockwall on 6th July. It would be great if you can make it.
  2. Calvin S's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Calvin, I know it's a long drive but thought I would let you know we are having a long course meet in Rockwall on 6th July. It would be great if you can make it.
    Thanks for the invite! Let me check my calendar (and by that, I mean let me check my wife's calendar, as she is the (wo)man in charge!). Is there a sign up deadline?
  3. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    Thanks for the invite! Let me check my calendar (and by that, I mean let me check my wife's calendar, as she is the (wo)man in charge!). Is there a sign up deadline?
    I completely understand asking for permission. Most of us guys have the same coordination requirements with our spouses(how was that for a politically correct way of saying that). I believe the meet will be posted next week, and I suspect there will be a deadline but I am not entirely sure. As soon as its posted I will pass the link along.

    I think I will also do the zone meet in Jenks, but will not taper or rest for the meet since I won't have enough yardage back under my belt to make it worth while. I hope to meet in person sometime.
  4. Calvin S's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I completely understand asking for permission. Most of us guys have the same coordination requirements with our spouses(how was that for a politically correct way of saying that). I believe the meet will be posted next week, and I suspect there will be a deadline but I am not entirely sure. As soon as its posted I will pass the link along.

    I think I will also do the zone meet in Jenks, but will not taper or rest for the meet since I won't have enough yardage back under my belt to make it worth while. I hope to meet in person sometime.
    Oh wow did not realize there was a Zone meet at Jenks. I was just there back in March for Region VIII sectionals (short course) and also swam there last year at the same time (long course). Great pool. I might look into that meet as well. To be quite honest, I am in money saving mode to try and swing a trip up to Montreal next August for worlds (wife and I honeymooned there so I have that helping me convince her!). I scrapped Pan Ams partially for that reason, partially because I was spending more time focusing on soccer (my other athletic passion) and partially because my training fell off due to my minor knee injury!
  5. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Well if you make it to Jenks our paths will cross, if not, I too am planning on worlds next year so they will cross paths there.

    I too am a huge soccer fan. I support the English Premier League team Arsenal. When I grew up I went to see them every other week for a few years and my wife claims I am addicted. I played until my early 30s(central defender) until I tore my ACL.
  6. Calvin S's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Well if you make it to Jenks our paths will cross, if not, I too am planning on worlds next year so they will cross paths there.

    I too am a huge soccer fan. I support the English Premier League team Arsenal. When I grew up I went to see them every other week for a few years and my wife claims I am addicted. I played until my early 30s(central defender) until I tore my ACL.
    Last name: Schildknecht, so I support all things German (and I am therefore thrilled at an "all-German" CL final). I primarily follow/support the Bundesliga, and specifically Bayern Munich (not a band wagon fanboy...the family is from Bavaria, so I have close ties to the area), but I mainly support the German National Team in international competitions.

    When I play full field soccer, I play attacking midfielder, but my wife (a goalie in college) and I play in a small field 7v7 league in which I play what we call a "winger" (in our "Christmas Tree" formation: 3-2-1, a box-to-box midfield role).