Thursday, May 16
by, May 16th, 2013 at 03:42 PM (898 Views)
RC/scap ex, 15 min
russian twist on incline w/25 lb plate, 2 x 25
leg abductors, 100 x 3 x 8
overhead squats, 45 x 2 x 8
good mornings, 55-65 x 3 x 8
alternating hammers w/15 lb DBs, 2 x 25
cable twist w/yoga ball, 40 x 2 x 12 each side
low row negatives, 70 x 2 x 8
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 15
knee tucks jumps, 10
med ball slams, 10
foam rolling, 5:00
Hit the gym today because I needed a break from the pool, as I'd been in 10 consecutive days. I kept it low volume and low weight since I haven't been to the gym in 4 1/2 weeks. Will go to Mason again tomorrow.
Other thoughts from Nats:
1. I hated the stair situation at Indy. Why did we have to walk a mile to sit in the grandstand? Should be a shortcut to get up and down.
2. Why were there no announcers until a little bit on day 3? I really enjoyed that in Greensboro and missed it in Indy.
3. My breakouts are a problem. I'm hoping I can go off the blocks at Mason without the lifeguards yelling.
4. My flutter kick looked better in the 50 free than other swims. Going to carry on with some slow arms/fast feet 25s and 50s.
5. Rich Abrahams examined my knees and pronounced them hyperextended. Apparently, this is good for kicking. A nice match for my double jointed elbows, loosey goosey shoulders and floppy ankles.
6. My open turns are kinda slow. I'm not spinning around very fast. I wonder if that's because I'm doing so many turns in practice with fins?
7. If I'm going to carry on with my chard habit and get that sponsorship, I need to stop my late night snacking. Shouldn't be doing both!
8. There is not a single long course meet in the PV MD area this summer. Hopefully, this means Zones will be well attended. I was just trying to find a meet to pop in for a 100 back. Oh well.