alternating hammers w/15 lb DBs, 2 x 25
cable twist w/yoga ball, 40 x 2 x 12 each side
low row negatives, 70 x 2 x 8
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 15
knee tucks jumps, 10
med ball slams, 10
foam rolling, 5:00

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hit the gym today because I needed a break from the pool, as I'd been in 10 consecutive days. I kept it low volume and low weight since I haven't been to the gym in 4 1/2 weeks. Will go to Mason again tomorrow.

Other thoughts from Nats:

1. I hated the stair situation at Indy. Why did we have to walk a mile to sit in the grandstand? Should be a shortcut to get up and down.
2. Why were there no announcers until a little bit on day 3? I really enjoyed that in Greensboro and missed it in Indy.
3. My breakouts are a problem. I'm hoping I can go off the blocks at Mason without the lifeguards yelling.
4. My flutter kick looked better in the 50 free than other swims. Going to carry on with some slow arms/fast feet 25s and 50s.
5. Rich Abrahams examined my knees and pronounced them hyperextended. Apparently, this is good for kicking. A nice match for my double jointed elbows, loosey goosey shoulders and floppy ankles.
6. My open turns are kinda slow. I'm not spinning around very fast. I wonder if that's because I'm doing so many turns in practice with fins?
7. If I'm going to carry on with my chard habit and get that sponsorship, I need to stop my late night snacking. Shouldn't be doing both!
8. There is not a single long course meet in the PV MD area this summer. Hopefully, this means Zones will be well attended. I was just trying to find a meet to pop in for a 100 back. Oh well.

Submit "Thursday, May 16" to Digg Submit "Thursday, May 16" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, May 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, May 16" to Google

Updated May 16th, 2013 at 05:22 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

There were announcers on the REAL day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    There were announcers on the REAL day one.
    You mean the day where there were a bunch of lap swimmers in the pool?
    It sounds like someone needs to track down Mark Gill and get him back into permanent announcer mode for nationals. Seriously, USMS should pay for him to be there.

If you come to mission video, there are no stairs. Given that you are moving to Pittsburgh and will probably change teams, here is a great idea: plan to come swim in Mission for Mesa Masters. Think about the speed that you and Paul Simith could throw down in some 200+ relays. Seriously, think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    It sounds like someone needs to track down Mark Gill and get him back into permanent announcer mode for nationals. Seriously, USMS should pay for him to be there.

If you come to mission video, there are no stairs. Given that you are moving to Pittsburgh and will probably change teams, here is a great idea: plan to come swim in Mission for Mesa Masters. Think about the speed that you and Paul Simith could throw down in some 200+ relays. Seriously, think about it.
    Did Mark Gill announce at Greensboro? I thought it was someone else?

I'm not going to Mission, just Zones. It's too far and I'll be in the middle of moving and unpacking. Not really sure what I'll do about a team. Only very small teams in Pitt too. I'd like to be on a team with folks going to the big meets. Much more fun that way.
    There's always the DCRP meet at Haines Point in July I always go to that meet because it reminds me of fun summer league meets!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You mean the day where there were a bunch of lap swimmers in the pool?
    No, the day a bunch of swimmers in the pool lapped me.
    Quote Originally Posted by psyncw
    There's always the DCRP meet at Haines Point in July I always go to that meet because it reminds me of fun summer league meets!
    Its not on the PV schedule yet! I'm afraid I'd crash on backstroke ...
    [QUOTE=The Fortress;bt101557
    Only very small teams in Pitt too. I'd like to be on a team with folks going to the big meets. Much more fun that way.[/QUOTE]
    Pittsburgh is light on competitive swimmers, but there are a few of that are willing to travel. After Indy, us first timers caught the bug, and we are looking for ways to improve on this and put together a "traveling team" if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    Pittsburgh is light on competitive swimmers, but there are a few of that are willing to travel. After Indy, us first timers caught the bug, and we are looking for ways to improve on this and put together a "traveling team" if you will.
    That's great! Glad you caught the bug! I did meet the PT guys that came with Mark Cox. Mark said they even did relays.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Given that you are moving to Pittsburgh and will probably change teams, here is a great idea: plan to come swim in Mission for Mesa Masters. Think about the speed that you and Paul Simith could throw down in some 200+ relays. Seriously, think about it.
    Back off!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Back off!!!!
    LOL!

I will just stay on Patriot Masters until I decide what to do. I have great teammates -- they just don't swim in many meets.
    Maine has the best British masters around...like the shirt says: "Blue lobsters...way better than crabs!"
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Maine has the best British masters around...like the shirt says: "Blue lobsters...way better than crabs!"
    That is a good saying!

I dunno, a PA team seems like the logical choice. But I don't always let logic govern my decisions.