View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 05/23/13: morning

Rate this Entry
Took yesterday off from swimming and projects around the house - my body is beat. I did get delivery of wood pellets for the winter, so my Lochte-inspired drylands will start shortly - I plan to toss 50 x 40# down into the cellar then restack the same, then will have 3 more ton to do the same (but with help, I hope).

200 FR/200 Bk/200 IM drill

With snorkel (except last swim):
Kick - Swim
050 - 100
100 - 200 with pull buoy
150 - 300 with Agility paddles
200 - 400 IM

10 x 50 on :45 (Fr, except Bk on #4 and 8)
200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2550 yds/50 min)
----------------------------

There goes getting a solid hour in for practice! Haha - not by choice though, the office staff was running a tad late. Was able to split lane for most of the swim, and there was some drama when Steve was cut off by another swimmer that has a tendency to drift around. I was happy to wear my snorkel, as when the other dude came clost to me he clocked the plastic instead of my skull!

Mostly a recovery swim, focusing on a long main set with no stops. Lena gave me a massage this morning - I've been doing a lot of lifting and bending with the outside stuff, so just trying to stay as loose as possible. Tomorrow we are helping out with Preston's class and their Serve-a-thon at a summer camp in NY, a little over an hour away, so I will probably won't swim. Saturday I'll coach/swim with the team, then coast into the remainder of weekend.

Submit "Workout 05/23/13: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 05/23/13: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 05/23/13: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 05/23/13: morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

More productive than I thought - two tons down and stacked, so that is 8000# plus the cardio! I'll wait for help with the other two, lest I look like