View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

5.5k lcm

Rate this Entry
I had a good swim at Riverbank today with Hannah and John. It was a lightly attended morning at the pool, and I enjoyed doing the following:

1000 lcm warmup (400s, 200k, 200p, 200 IM d/s)

1 x 500 FR neg split
1 x 400 IM
1 x 500 FR neg split

5 x 300, most done as fr-bk-fr sandwiches, working the bk

15 x 100, odds = st + fr (im order thru strokes), evens = all free

100 warmdown

This was my first 5k+ workout in a while, and gives me some confidence going into next weekend’s 2 Bridges swim in the Hudson. Although I wasn't rationally concerned about completing that distance, it's nice to have done at least swim of that length going into it. The Riverbank pool was very hot this morning, but it didn’t bother me as much as usual. I think less ocean swimming this season has reduced my cold-water hardiness, but maybe also increased my warm-water tolerance. That’s a trade-off I’m happy to make this season—it’s nice being able to swim at RB even on warm days and not feel like I’m sweltering.

When I arrived at the pool several of the lifeguards were arguing fairly vehemently over the merits of Xbox 6 vs another model. Best line of dialogue: "You're just talking with your emotions and not the facts!" I kept on thinking of that during my long swims and giggling.

Tomorrow: pool swim in the morning + diving session in the afternoon.

Happy Holiday weekend everyone!

Submit "5.5k lcm" to Digg Submit "5.5k lcm" to del.icio.us Submit "5.5k lcm" to StumbleUpon Submit "5.5k lcm" to Google

Updated May 25th, 2013 at 04:52 PM by swimsuit addict

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Geek arguments can be pretty funny.