View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

IM ladder... now my breast sucks again.

Rate this Entry
Well, after only about 175 yards of breast that felt really good on Sunday... for the first time ever... I was disappointed not to be able to get into the Y yesterday to follow up and try to recapture the feel. Alas, the Y was closed on Memorial Day--as it should be. No open water venues available (drizzly and highs around 50, yuck). So I bought my first new pair of running shoes in over two years and *gasp* I went for a two mile run... my hamstrings now feel like they want to snap; it took a while to loosen back up this morning in the pool.

Today's workout was all about seeing if I could find that rhythm with my breast stroke again... it was there, fleetingly for a few moments in the warm-up, but in the context of an actual IM... well, let's just say I have a lot more work to do.

Here was my torment fest for today, 5000 SCY:

Warm-up (1400):
200 EZ fr
200 pull
4 x 50 single arm fly (each length: 3-4 sdks/3r/3l/1-3 whole stroke)
200 bk pull
200 br kick w/ board
200 br pull
2 x 100 br

IM Abyss with bounce (3000)*:
800 IM
600 IM
400 IM
200 IM
4 x 100 IM
200 IM
400 IM

Cool-down (600):
200 pull
200 fr
4 x 50 EZ (1-arm fly, bk pull [focus on hip/shoulder rotation], fr, fr)

*Rests between steps of this ladder varied from :15 to 1:30 (I gave myself a little more recovery after 800 and 600 IMs, rest after the 200s and 100s was closer to :15-:30). Times were slow, I was just trying to survive the set, though my first 400 IM was around 7:15, not bad considering the abuse I've been heaping on the body in the last week or so.

Submit "IM ladder... now my breast sucks again." to Digg Submit "IM ladder... now my breast sucks again." to del.icio.us Submit "IM ladder... now my breast sucks again." to StumbleUpon Submit "IM ladder... now my breast sucks again." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's one heck of a work out Alex. I agree with James comments yesterday about a resemblance to TGs workouts. Are you That Guy in disguise? Seriously nice job.
    Well, I was pretty much in just-survive mode for most of it after the 800... I'd love to do a TG workout and feel strong all the way through. The times need to come down, but I guess that takes time.