View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Happy swim with friends

Rate this Entry
This morning was almost like old times at Riverbank, with a guest appearance from fellow blogger and former RB regular Andrew. I got to swim with him and Hannah, and enjoyed their company while I did the following:

1000 lcm warmup

500 swim (FR/BK/FR/BK/FR by 100s)
300 IM
400 swim (mixture of FR and BK)
300 FR pull with paddles
200 IM
300 FR pull with paddles

3 x 200, various strokes with some sprinting mixed in
3 x 100 K

100 warmdown

During the first 500 of the main set I whacked my head pretty hard on the wallóI saw the backstroke flags but was just sort of oblivious to their significance and kept going hard until swim cap hit metal. It made a nice thwack sound, but I was fine. Itís been a long time since Iíve done that. Letting your mind wander too much on backstroke can be dangerous.

Submit "Happy swim with friends" to Digg Submit "Happy swim with friends" to del.icio.us Submit "Happy swim with friends" to StumbleUpon Submit "Happy swim with friends" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

ooh, I gave myself a concussion that way once. I had a headache for a few days. Watch out!
    Quote Originally Posted by ourswimmer
    ooh, I gave myself a concussion that way once. I had a headache for a few days. Watch out!
    I did that once too, in a width-wise course that I didn't realize lacked flags. This collision wasn't nearly as bad--no lasting pain or other symptoms, thank goodness!
    I'm so glad to have caught the end of that swim. Also, glad to have missed hitting the wall like that.