View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:00-7:00pm Final Prep

Rate this Entry
I had a heck of a day at work today. I spent the majority of the day remanufacturing a piece of catwalk, handrailing, and stairway that was flat out destroyed today by an accident. Good thing the accident wasn't my fault. My boss was driving the forklift, to lift the box machines up to the mezzanine of the 2nd level of the cherry room. Well, I guess he didn't quite have it just right, and the thing either bumped something, or slipped on the forks, and came crashing down to the floor from almost 20 feet up. Good thing the catwalk broke its fall.
Still, a $60,000 piece of machinery hit the $#!+can, and it's kinda needed for tomorrow night's first run of cherries in the plant. Oops. Again, glad it wasn't me that toasted the machine. But I was pretty toast in my muscles afterward, and was basically a zombie at home for an hour prior to swim practice. Thank goodness for Advil!!

---------------------------

Warmup:

800 (50 Free/50 Back) <--WTH with all the LCM outside backstroke stuff????
(800/800)

16 x 50 Kick w/ board (no fins) @ 1:30 Odds EZ, Evens Fast
(800/1600)

6 x 200 Free Pull @ 3:15 I was holding in the 2:30+ range, which I guess is fairly decent. I have decided at least for my long course freestyle to go to a 2-2-2-4 breathing pattern. It seems to work, gets me enough oxygen, and then allows me to get full body roll and extension every 4th cycle, without having to breathe left.
(1200/2800)

12 x 50 Free Fast w/ long fins & paddles @ 1:10
I was around :29-:31 seconds on these.
(600/3400)

16 x 50 Swim @ 1:10 - 4 of each stroke, Odds EZ, Evens Fast
I went first in the lane for the Fly (which is the only thing I'm good at in LCM), and then brought home the tail of the lane for the remainder.
(800/4200)

8 x 50 Scull @ 2:00
2 Front, 2 Mid, 2 Back, 2 V-Sit Scull
(400/4600)

-------------------------------
4600 LCMeters

I heard from my coach that there's a lot of fast kiddos from the Seattle area coming over like always for the Apple Capital meet. He mentioned that Cascade Swim Club is one of them. Kirk, you wouldn't happen to be coming over would you??? The pool is measured.

I'm supposed to swim somewhere around 2:00-2:30 for the 400 IM, then about 7:00 for the 1500 on Friday. Saturday, I'll get to work of course, and then my first event doesn't start till about 6:00pm, with the 3rd one around 10:00pm. Then on Sunday I have 4 swims from about 3:30pm on to the end around 7:30pm or so.

Cherry season is now upon us here in town, and I'll be tired from work. I'm already wishing September would arrive for two reasons...1) cherries are done, 2) return to SCY!

Tomorrow I have to work sort of 2 shifts: 5:00-1:30pm (8 hours) to make sure things are good to go in the room, then we have to come back in with the night shift to assist them with the room on the first run...just in case there's any problems. That will be from approx. 6:00pm till around 10:00pm or so. THen back on Friday at 5:00am again. Fun Fun. I still wouldn't trade this for a boring desk job.

Submit "Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:00-7:00pm Final Prep" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:00-7:00pm Final Prep" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:00-7:00pm Final Prep" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:00-7:00pm Final Prep" to Google

Updated May 30th, 2013 at 12:06 AM by jaadams1

Categories
Swim Workouts , Daily Practices

Comments

Actually Cascade is going to the Tri-Cities meet in Pasco, but I'm not going. Your coach may be wrong about Cascade being there. The Tri-Cities meet is the only one that was ever listed on Cascade's website. I know the Bellevue Club usually goes to Wenatchee and that's a big team.
    Stellar 200s
    And good luck at the meet. Show those kids how it's done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Stellar 200s
    Thanks!! I was just trying to keep up with the boy in front of me. It's amazing what a difference SCY vs. LCM is. Normally on stuff like this I'd go ahead of him in SCY, but LCM I feel like an
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    And good luck at the meet. Show those kids how it's done!
    Thanks Kirk! I just hope all goes well since I had to leave work sick today, and may not go tomorrow either. Flu-like symptoms and such...bodyaches in every muscle and no energy.
    Longcourseitis?

Get well soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Longcourseitis?

Get well soon.
    Thanks, but I doubt that's the problem. I'm more than likely going to take tomorrow off from work as well...getting out of the first run of cherries too!! (they moved it from Thurs. to Friday night.) Who knows if I'll actually swim any of my Friday events. I'm leaning more toward the 400 IM vs. the 1500. At least it gets done quicker, and you change strokes too. The 1500 - once you're in it, you have to keep going almost 20 minutes.