Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up/Transition:

600 various
4 x 50 scull w/agility paddles @ 1:10
50 EZ
5 x 50 free w/agility paddles @ 150ish pace @ :50
50 EZ
crossover turns
-- I think these will take a long time to master. Moreover, if I'm under 15 m on fly and back in my 100 IM, it may be better to go for big air on the turn anyway.
50 EZ

Main Sets:

4 x 30
--dive off side and work on free breakouts, @ 100 pace
50 EZ

12 x 25 burst SDK + cruise w/fins @ 1:00
-- 4 back, 4 belly, 4 flip turn style
150 EZ

4 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ)
-- 2 free, 2 back shooters from the block (11+)
50 EZ

1 x broken 100 backstroke kick w/fins (46, eh, not great)
-- break :10 @ each 25
250 EZ

6 x 25 backstroke, slow arms + fast feet @ :45
50 EZ
6 x 25 free, slow arms + fast high feet @ :45
50 EZ

10 x 25 AFAP flutter kick w/fins & board @ 1:00
-- held 11 high-12 flat
-- I meant this to be a mini lactate set, but I didn't really feel the burn on these, perhaps bc of the unrestricted breathing.
200 EZ

Total: 3570

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had intended to go to Mason today for long course. But I am just too busy right now with the girls' end of the school year activities and sports. This weekend is prom, prom pictures at our house, track qualifier meet, a soccer pool party at our house and a soccer game on Sunday. Whew. I will get to Mason tomorrow though!

Submit "Thursday, May 30" to Digg Submit "Thursday, May 30" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, May 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, May 30" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

150ish pace? I'm sorry but who is writing this blog?

saw a cool drill yesterday. At the 20m mark float on ur stomach, kick very hard but scull so u go nowhere. When at max rpm, do a flip turn and SDK all the way back to the wall (20 meters).
    150ish pace just = get your heart rate up for the much more important 15 meter platinum speed bursts.

So the scull is intended to affirmatively stop you from going anywhere? Sounds hard to SDK 20 meters from almost a dead stop ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    So the scull is intended to affirmatively stop you from going anywhere? Sounds hard to SDK 20 meters from almost a dead stop ...
    It is. And it looks super hard to do. Some were having more success than others. I'm sure you'd nail it tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    It is. And it looks super hard to do. Some were having more success than others. I'm sure you'd nail it tho.
    I'm not very good at sprinting from a mid pool flip turn though. I'd rather skip the flip and just go from a dead start.