View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Friday, May 31, 2013 Apple Capital Day 1 Results

Rate this Entry
I've been sick since Wednesday night, running a fever, and just overall feeling like BLAH. This morning I woke up and didn't have a fever anymore, and was feeling pretty good so I decided to give it a shot. It's only the "easy" events this afternoon anyway, right??

Warmup:

500 Free
400 IM Drill
300 IM Kick (no Free)
2 x Dive 50s (I just cruised them)

---------------------------------
1300 LCMeters

I was feeling pretty iffy during the initial 500 of the warmup, but figured it was mainly from the after-effects of the past couple days. 1 1/2 hours later was my first race, the 400 IM

400 IM - 5:37.UGH
I was about 15-20 seconds away from where I should have been at, and possible could've been better than that at 100% health.
Splits - I don't recall them all, but:
31.1/38.0
46.0/46.0
49.8/49.8
38.5/37.5
I felt OK the first 50, but I just didn't have the normal UMPH that I usually do in the fly. It was just downhill from there. At least I wasn't rescued by the lifeguards.

1500 Free - Scratched
It was a decision that was for the best by me and all the coaches. I'd just hate to get stuck in an almost 20 minute race and feel like I couldn't finish it.

On the good side...I will be able to watch Kirk on Jeopardy tonight!! You'd better win dangit!!!!

When I got home from the meet, I took my temperature, and I was back up to 100.7 again. Not good...back on the meds and hydration again. I may have to scrap this weekend altogether. I believe that was my first scratched/missed event as a masters swimmer/renewed age grouper.

Submit "Friday, May 31, 2013 Apple Capital Day 1 Results" to Digg Submit "Friday, May 31, 2013 Apple Capital Day 1 Results" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, May 31, 2013 Apple Capital Day 1 Results" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, May 31, 2013 Apple Capital Day 1 Results" to Google

Comments

Get well soon!
    Got better now...I went to work today and did fine. I'm sure I'll be affected a bit in my endurance during the weekend, but tonight shouldn't be too bad. It's only the 200 Fly, 200 Breast, and 400 Free.