View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Sunday, June 2, 2013 Apple Capital Day 3 Results

Rate this Entry
Started off the day with a little timing of the morning session with my older daughter. Gotta get in the volunteer hours with the team of course. Saw some fast 10 & unders too. I finished this about 11:00, and didn't have my first event under after 3:00pm so I went home for a while and got some work done as well. No rest for the weary!

Got to the pool and warmed up a little bit in the deep tank, probably a total of 400 meters at the most. My first event was the 100 Fly, which I was seeded 3rd in, with my "best time" (1:03.1) from when I was age 22 or 23. It was the only event that I really wanted to do today anyway.

100 Fly - 1:06.3 - good enough for 3rd place!!
I actually earned one of the cool medals that the team purchased this year for the Top 3 places! I didn't figure I would be able to get one, but I guess I was wrong.
1st place was a 1:00, 2nd was 1:05.5, 3rd-7th was 1:06.3 to 1:07.0, so I got the lucky end of the reach at the wall.

--------------------
The rest of my day was just survival mode to get through my events...3rd day of a meet, and recovering after my sickness last week, this is all I could do:

200 IM - 2:37.xx
31.5 / xx
xx / 34.0

200 Back - 2:49.
Is it bad that my 200 Breast time was only 13 seconds slower than this??
whatever...I need to remind myself that only Fly and Free are to by swum in LCMeters from now on...and maybe the 400 IM

200 Free - 2:18.0
I felt good on the 1st and last 50s in this, the middle 100 just stunk.

Well, I got in a good amount of racing, and will be able to repeat the freestyle and fly events next month, along with the 400 IM.

Submit "Sunday, June 2, 2013 Apple Capital Day 3 Results" to Digg Submit "Sunday, June 2, 2013 Apple Capital Day 3 Results" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, June 2, 2013 Apple Capital Day 3 Results" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, June 2, 2013 Apple Capital Day 3 Results" to Google

Comments

When I do the 200 back in LC, I like to do it indoors. However, back in the way back, we rarely had an indoor LCM meet.

I got some inside dish from the 4th finisher in the 100 fly, "I can't believe that I got beat by a 35 year old. WTH." I don't know what he said. I just remember an age group coach telling me something similiar after an 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    When I do the 200 back in LC, I like to do it indoors. However, back in the way back, we rarely had an indoor LCM meet.

I got some inside dish from the 4th finisher in the 100 fly, "I can't believe that I got beat by a 35 year old. WTH." I don't know what he said. I just remember an age group coach telling me something similiar after an 800.
    The only one I heard doing any talking was my 15 year old butterflyer teammate. He outtouched me in the 200 Fly the day before...so I knew I had to get him in the 100. He was the 7th place guy...not too far behind me in time though.