View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 06/04/13: morning

Rate this Entry
Back in the water after a four day break ...

400 Fr with snorkel/200 Back/200 IM drill
4 x 50 on :50 (burst and cruise)

10 x 150 on ~2:25
- 50 = kick into
- 100 pull w/ buoy (odd) or 100 swim with Agility paddles (even)

4 x 50 on :50
- 25 FAST IMO into
- 25 Fr DPS

200 Dolphin Dives in Deep with snorkel as loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2900 yds/50 min)
----------------------------

Busy weekend. Worked all day Friday, then went to my wife's graduation ceremony on Saturday. She completed an AA in Liberal Studies from the Community College of Vermont, and all of the districts walked up north at Norwich University. Lena is the first in her family to complete a college degree and in doing so keep a promise to her grandfather made many years ago. I am so proud of her!
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6971_10201327389775097_2096616397_n.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	7588

Back to work on Sunday, when another heavy storm moved in, which is notable only in that the rain overpowered the roof and our brand new pharmacy was taking on water! It was 10 minutes before closing with two customers in line, so I grabbed plastic garbage bags to cover the registers/computers and had to write out hand labels due to a lightning strike that knocked the server out of commission. Leaving late, I headed up to the nursing home (after getting drenched) to lead the service as I do the first Sunday of the month, then back to work to officially close out the day and assess damage. After that, went to church were we celebrated Lena's accomplishment afterwards.

Yesterday I had determined to get up to swim before work, and did so but went back to bed after figuring I wouldn't be able to stay on my feet for 12+ hours. So, four days dry (well, mostly) but very busy. Now a nice day off today, away from high heat and storms, so outside work will be tackled with the hope of a motorcycle ride before Masters practice tonight.

Submit "Workout 06/04/13: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 06/04/13: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 06/04/13: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 06/04/13: morning" to Google

Updated June 4th, 2013 at 10:14 AM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Congratulations to Lena! I hope there was
    Haha - we had our favorite, a chocolate chip cookie cake, complete with milk!
    Chocolate chip cookie cake? Tell me more about this concoction.
    http://twitpic.com/cv964t

Essentially it is a bunch of cookies baked together, then frosted a bit. Good stuff!