Main Sets:

6 x 30 burst + cruise @ 1:15
100 EZ

3 x (50 AFAP w/fins + 200 EZ)
1 = fly, 26 high
2 = fly, 26 high
3 = breast, 31
50 EZ
-- My legs felt dead on these. I was done after the evil effort.

1 x 50 free @ 100 pace + 150 EZ
-- Though I would shift to 100 pace, but it was slow. I had nothing left and my legs were dead; wasn't even kicking

150 EZ

Total: 3100

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My body was not really cooperating today. I guess it is telling me I have to start tapering. I hope I have left enough time (10 days) to really rest my legs. I figured a 10 day taper should be fine after only 5 1/2 weeks of training post Nationals. I will either do 1500 EZ or take the day off tomorrow. I have a huge to do list anyway.

On an odd note, I am way ahead of my GTD goal of 350 miles. I guess it's cuz I've been swimming more frequently the last year.

Submit "Tuesday, June 11" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, June 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, June 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, June 11" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

On your "burst+cruise" are you doing speed burst for 30 meters, then swimming easy for 20 meters?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    On your "burst+cruise" are you doing speed burst for 30 meters, then swimming easy for 20 meters?
    Nope, just going 15+ meters and then cruising back.
    You may already know this, but there will be a meet at GMU-Manassas Aug 3-4. They have a clever format. Saturday afternoon will be LCM and Sunday morning will be SCM. While we don't have any sanctioned meets this summer in PV, this meet is very close to our LMSC. I haven't heard if there will be any LCM meets in the MD LMSC but will put them on the PV website if/when I hear of anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    You may already know this, but there will be a meet at GMU-Manassas Aug 3-4. They have a clever format. Saturday afternoon will be LCM and Sunday morning will be SCM. While we don't have any sanctioned meets this summer in PV, this meet is very close to our LMSC. I haven't heard if there will be any LCM meets in the MD LMSC but will put them on the PV website if/when I hear of anything.
    Thanks for the tip, Jeff! I will keep that in mind, though I am tentatively planning on not swimming that much in July. Have you been getting back in the water much?