View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Thurs, June 13, 2013

Rate this Entry
Back from Pan Am's! It was really nice down there - and I had a couple of pretty good swims - a nice little "come to Jesus" talk after the 50 fly portion of my 200 IM suggests that I need to work on my pathetic form.
Hubbie inconveniently got food poisoning from Firehouse Subs on Tuesday @ lunch - vomiting 7-1/2 hours almost non-stop - so those of you who were wondering why I didn't swim the 100 Br & 400 Fr (my faves) on Wednesday, that is why - we were doctoring the poor boy & racing back to Tally town to get him some IV fluids. Fortunately, we only had to stop once for him to vomit on the side of the road.

Today we are "back in the saddle" - hit the weights again this morning - how I've missed them! And then to practice - today was "stations" so not much actual distance done today. Gotta say, I'm loving the agility paddles - drops my 100m time by 4-5 sec easy w/out my noticing any extra effort at all. Hope this translates to dropped time in actual swimming as well. When I get brave, I intend to try them on the breast & fly as well - maybe on a Saturday (in my backyard, lol!!)

600 back/free

5 x 100 @ 1:40 P w/agility paddles

400 kick

100 easy

STATIONS:

12 min @ medicine ball (2kg ball tossed back & forth while egg-beatering) 40sec on, 20 sec rest

12 min @ resistance bands (in water) - swim out ~ 20yds & go like mad for about 20 stroke cycles (4 free, 2 fly, 2 breast)

8 x 100 @ 1:30

6 x 100 K @ 2:15

200 easy - then off to work

Total: Not Much!!

Submit "Thurs, June 13, 2013" to Digg Submit "Thurs, June 13, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Thurs, June 13, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thurs, June 13, 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was wondering! I hope your hubby feels better.

Glad you had fun. I wish I could have gone.
    Food poisoning is horrible, what makes it worse is it's from poor food handling and preparation by people who don't care.

Agility paddles have made a termendous positive impact on my freestyle form. They've taught me to catch earlier (I let the paddles take the lead and I follow them), and not to apply propulsive force until my catch is finished. I only use them with fins though, because they add some load.