View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

In depth Zones Report: 6 events 6 PBs. No Tech Suit!

Rate this Entry
by , April 27th, 2009 at 08:35 PM (1198 Views)
SATURDAY
First event 100 FR 29.05, 33.07 1:02.12 PB drop from 1:03.85 Happy with it but think I chopped my stroke too much in the 2nd 50. Maybe there is some low hanging fruit to grab on my quest for a <1:00 time. Soon I am sure…soon!

2nd event 50 BR: 34.21 down from 34.83. Seems I’m not getting the stroke together soon enough in the race so I feel there is room for instant improvement with some focus.

3rd Event 200 BR :37.8, :41.15, :43.87, :42.55 good PB at 2:45.47 down from 2:54.49 (On converts from LCM it’s a drop from 2:48.xx STILL good for me!). I didn’t feel hurt enough afterwards so I have to get into splitting this thing better and get down below 2:40

SUNDAY
1st Event 100 IM 35.56, 37.55 1:13.11 a PB down from 1:15.94 happy for an odd event I just toy with.

2nd event 50 FLY :31.78 down from :32.65…officially serving notice to Heather Howland to WATCH OUT…even if she ducked COL ZONES 09!

3rd and final event the 50 FR :27.98…got my precious sub :28. I needed to get it on the board. I went with my longer stroke rather than my short and fast stroke on a gamble and it paid off. I have to A) trust my new stroke, and 2) work at increasing it’s turnover without losing speed.

Over all a good meet and I didn’t come in last so I am happy with that.

I get to play with my 100 BR, 100 FLY and 50 FR again next week. I will be débuting my 200 FR with flip turns too. I only did a “pretend” 200 FR swim at NEM a year or so back as a filler. We’ll see.

I also have Jeff Roddin looking over his shoulder now...not sure if it's my swimming though!

PS I know A) and 2); working as intended!

Of course I have to thanks many advisors and insta-coaches for the helps and tidbits!

Submit "In depth Zones Report: 6 events 6 PBs. No Tech Suit!" to Digg Submit "In depth Zones Report: 6 events 6 PBs. No Tech Suit!" to del.icio.us Submit "In depth Zones Report: 6 events 6 PBs. No Tech Suit!" to StumbleUpon Submit "In depth Zones Report: 6 events 6 PBs. No Tech Suit!" to Google

Updated April 27th, 2009 at 11:22 PM by SwimStud

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is great that you got 6 pbs in your events! All of your hard work paid off.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    That is great that you got 6 pbs in your events! All of your hard work paid off.
    Thanks Katie. We'll see you PB all yours next time !
    Jeez man, I knew you had a good meet, but you really had a GOOD meet. Congrats.

Do you want to join me in killing a kick set every practice? I am sure it will help you in your quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Jeez man, I knew you had a good meet, but you really had a GOOD meet. Congrats.

Do you want to join me in killing a kick set every practice? I am sure it will help you in your quest.
    Sure, not this week though, I have to hold taper until Sunday.
    This is a really good idea! Stud and I were just discussing his need to work more on backstroke kick.
    Nice swims Rich! Sorry I missed them. Perhaps next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwannafly
    Nice swims Rich! Sorry I missed them. Perhaps next year.
    We all missed you TJ!
    Congratulations!

The new, longer stroke: How DOES one increase turnover w/o losing speed (or messing up in countless other ways)?
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene
    Congratulations!

Thanks VB!
    The new, longer stroke: How DOES one increase turnover w/o losing speed (or messing up in countless other ways)?
    It's the underwater portion that can be shortened a touch by bending the elbow a bit more. The trick is to get the arm back out to correct extension for the momentum recovery...or I'll just be chopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    This is a really good idea!
    Just want everyone to know that I printed this out and hung it on the wall. Yes yes, I had a good idea.

Enjoy your last week of taper Stud, because killer kick sets are in your future.
    Just want everyone to know that I printed this out and hung it on the wall. Yes yes, I had a good idea.

Enjoy your last week of taper Stud, because killer kick sets are in your future.
    Hehe. I've got some ideas too.
    I've neglected BR kick which is good all round strength builder too.
    BTW, I saw Fort's pics from the meet and thought that your suit was awesome. I like how you were anti-tech suit!
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    BTW, I saw Fort's pics from the meet and thought that your suit was awesome. I like how you were anti-tech suit!
    Well more anti dropping $500 for a few tenths...yes.
    Don't forget to mention your "good luck rub from my bum" prior to your 50 Free!