View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 06/13/13: evening

Rate this Entry
Woke up early to head to over near Albany, NY, to our corporate main office for a staff pharmacists meeting. In the past, only the pharmacy managers have gone to this type of event, but they are finding out that not all of the info is being passed down the pipeline so we will now be getting invited ahead of their meeting. Interesting stuff, especially about the business stuff related to the whole chain, and I think I got more out of it than the nice lunch and mileage. (I was going to ride the motorcycle, but it was raining by the time I left home and was forecasted to continue all day - I'd have take just the wet ride home but was not up for a drenching in both directions. It's fun to get paid to ride, but not today.)

Got home in time to hit up the lap/family swim, where GregJS and Tim were working hard. I did:

200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill

1 x 400 on ? (snorkel and agility paddles)
4 x 100 on 1:35 (snorkel: 50 kick, 50 fast)
2 x 200 on 2:50 (snorkel and pull with buoy; fast middle 100)
16 x 25 on :30 (1 ez, 1 AFAP + 1 ez, 2 AFAP + 1 ez, 3+1, 4+1, then 1 ez)

200 Dolphin Dives in Deep with agility paddles
100 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2500 yds/45 min)
----------------------------

Feeling good after the long swim yesterday, and I am just under 15,000 yds for the week. Might try to sneak in another swim tomorrow morning, or hit a lake this weekend. One more heavy week of training before cutting back - I'm a tad beat up and will use two weeks to recover before Kingdom. Need to look at my blogs from last year to see what I did - love that perk from blogging!

On the homefront, Emma finishes exams tomorrow and will be coming home! I have to work, so Lena and Preston will be driving my van (aka "Phantom" or "death trap") down in the morning, packing her up, and coming home tomorrow night. I gassed it up, checked the tires, (had it serviced a few weeks ago) put on new wipers and set the GPS up so that there should be no major issues. It has 216k+ miles and has a knack for mysteriously wiping the windshield (on it's own) and I gave it a fancy paint job by hand (due to various rust spots that I repaired), hence either of the two nicknames

So, I'll be saying some prayers throughout my day at work then there will be a small tomorrow night!

Submit "Workout 06/13/13: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 06/13/13: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 06/13/13: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 06/13/13: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments