View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 37 - Friday

Rate this Entry
Once again I woke up tired despite having a solid nights sleep and once again I had a good workout. It's weird how you feel has little to no correlation to how you can perform, if you just get after it. The pool was setup for short course yards this morning(I was hoping for long course and was a little disappointed it was short course).

Warm up
400 free snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
3x(4x50 free on 35, 2x50 fly on 45, 2x50 back on 45)

Main set
8x200 free on 2.50 descend 1-4, 5-8
100 easy
4x50 with fins AFAP
100 easy
2x(2x50 kick on 1min, 2x50 kick on 50)

Warm down
100 easy

Total 4400 yards

The 200 set was a really tough set but I did well. 2.10,2.07,2.05,2.03 and then 2.10,2.07,2.04,2.01. On the 50s AFAP I went 22s on the first 3 and then 21 on the last one. I felt good today.

Submit "Week 37 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 37 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 37 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 37 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Good workout! Do you know how many people have signed up for the meet yet? I'm real excited for zones I think I will be able to qualify for worlds. See you in the morning.
    Thanks. I dont know how many have signed up but Tom asked me to help with entries, so next week I will know.

You have had a great couple of weeks so keep working hard. We need to let Tom know dates for zones so you get a Taper. I plan on training through the summer and not do a Taper.

See you tomorrow.
    That's a wicked main set... fast 50s after 8 x 200? Feel that lactic acid!
    You know it's bad when your coach's first words are, "I am going to kick your ass this morning" and he had a grin from ear to ear when he said it. I hate training 200s, they hurt like no other distance for some reason, but this was a great set. It's been a good week and I am genuinely excited about my progress.

I just read your blog and it sounds like you have had a busy week in Texas, with some picturesque swimming spots. Shame you could not make out to Rockwall but I understand completely based on your schedule. There is always next time.
    Yes, if my son ends up at UT-Dallas I'll probably have more than a few chances to get out there. He has his heart set on UT-Austin right now, so we'll see.

I seem to get better faster when I'm doing sets of 200s, even though it's difficult to bring myself to doing them sometimes. I think I'll try to adapt that set for the lake next week.
    Both are great schools. If you come through Dallas feel free to reach out. It will be great to meet in person.

The ability to do 200s is half mental from my experience(the other half is you have to be mental to do them). I look forward to seeing how you adapt the workout.