View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

A Little Beat Up

Rate this Entry
by , April 27th, 2009 at 09:19 PM (1104 Views)
Today, I felt the effects of having worked out 10 hours last week. Kept my swim short, borrowed one of geek's sets, and did the following:

300 warm-up

6 x 150 on 2:10 - with fins - 25 free, 25 rt.arm fly, 25 lt. arm fly, 50 free, 25 fast fly

50 easy

2 x 25: free on :25
2 x 25: 2 strokes fly, the rest free on :25
2 x 25: 4 strokes fly, the rest free on :25
2 x 25: 6 strokes fly, the rest free on :25
2 x 25: fly on :25

50 easy

2 x 25: fly on :25
2 x 25: 6 strokes fly, the rest free on :25
2 x 25: 4 strokes fly, the rest free on :25
2 x 25: 2 strokes fly, the rest free on :25
2 x 25: free

200 easy

2000 SCY

Interesting to note that my fly without the fins felt better than my fly with the fins.

Submit "A Little Beat Up" to Digg Submit "A Little Beat Up" to del.icio.us Submit "A Little Beat Up" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Little Beat Up" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Some think fins throw off the timing in fly, so good to do it both ways!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Some think fins throw off the timing in fly, so good to do it both ways!
    That makes sense. My timing felt horrible today when I had the fins on. For some reason, my legs just feel totally dead. I don't think I've done that much work with my legs, but they seem to be saying otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    That makes sense. My timing felt horrible today when I had the fins on. For some reason, my legs just feel totally dead. I don't think I've done that much work with my legs, but they seem to be saying otherwise.
    You did a lot last week: 4 runs + 2 bikes + any swimming involving kicking will thrash the legs unless you're an uber ironman. Sometimes my legs are so sore I resent stairs!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You did a lot last week: 4 runs + 2 bikes + any swimming involving kicking will thrash the legs unless you're an uber ironman. Sometimes my legs are so sore I resent stairs!
    Have to admit that you are right. Somehow I feel like if I were a true slow-twitch type, what I did last week would just be a warm-up for this week. I envy those that can go the same speed for hours on end.
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    I envy those that can go the same speed for hours on end.
    You are just not going slow enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    You are just not going slow enough!
    Thanks, qbrain!