View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week38 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
My Mum, Dad and Nephew arrived from England last night and are visiting for about 6 weeks.

I woke up ahead of the alarm this morning and felt good. Today's practice was definately leg intensive and my legs were like jelly by the end of the workout.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main set
8x150 on 2.30 holding 1.30-1.35 and then treating water between 150s with arms up.
100 easy
12x50 kick on 55 descending 1-4,5-8,9-12
8x50 half kick half swim with snorkel on 50
100 easy
3x100 AFAP free on 3mins

Warm down
100 easy

Total 3500 yards

On the 150 set I started on 1.35 and descended to 1.30 through number 8. These were hard due to the treading water with flutter kick and arms out of the water. I really worked the kick sets and on the 12x50 and descended from 40-35 which is the best I have done since the comeback. The fast 100s at the end I started out on 55, and then went 54, 54. I thought I saw a 3 on the last one but I am not sure. I was very pleased with the workout today.

Submit "Week38 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week38 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week38 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week38 - Wednesday" to Google

Updated June 19th, 2013 at 01:31 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

So is your family coming to the meet on July 6?
    My Mum will be there but my Dad won't. Even as a kid my Mum came to all my meets. Between now and Zones we have a meet every weekend between Abi and I and my Mum will be at all of them; she is a trooper
    My mom was a trooper, too, but I think I've finally burned her out. My parents went to the Southern Pacific long course championships with me a couple days last year in Mission Viejo (they live close by in San Diego) and sitting all day on deck in 90+ temperatures did them in. They told me they aren't interested in going to another meet there.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    My Mum will be there but my Dad won't. Even as a kid my Mum came to all my meets. Between now and Zones we have a meet every weekend between Abi and I and my Mum will be at all of them; she is a trooper
    I look forward to meeting your mom. I'm so ready to see how I do at zones.
    Great to learn that your family from England are visiting, and so it appears that during the next six weeks including swimming, summer travels, family activities, and yes, also working, you will be one very busy person!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    My mom was a trooper, too, but I think I've finally burned her out. My parents went to the Southern Pacific long course championships with me a couple days last year in Mission Viejo (they live close by in San Diego) and sitting all day on deck in 90+ temperatures did them in. They told me they aren't interested in going to another meet there.
    My mom doesn't care to come watch me swim much anymore...said too many years of it she already knows how I do it. My dad still comes along with me to masters meets now and then (and he insists on paying for the gas, to which I don't fight too much).

My grandparents always used to come watch me out at Mt. Hood Community College, as well as out at Tualitan Hills, plus they'd come down an watch me in college meet in McMinnville. I still ask them if they want to see me race at Mt. Hood when I'm there occasionally in the summer, but it's too much for them now.

They did set alarms though to tune in to the live broadcast of the Indy Nationals. I set them up with approximate times I'd be swimming, and they got out the computer and watched me go.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    They did set alarms though to tune in to the live broadcast of the Indy Nationals. I set them up with approximate times I'd be swimming, and they got out the computer and watched me go.
    Yeah, that was cool. My dad told me he was able to watch a couple of my swims also.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Great to learn that your family from England are visiting, and so it appears that during the next six weeks including swimming, summer travels, family activities, and yes, also working, you will be one very busy person!
    It will definately be even busier than usual. I made a promise to my wife to back off over the summer to one a day practices so I can help her more and of course spend time with the kids and my parents. It will be fun though. Life is hectic but life is definately good. I have a lot to be thankful for.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Long outdoor meets can be brutal. Fortunately I have don't have any of thos coming up. Most of our meets in Dallas are indoor. Thank goodness.
    I like your workout. I probably would have modified the 8 x 150's to 100's drill backstroke, and then do the 3 x 100's backstroke. That's if I felt backstroky. But if I were in my 50 mode, i'd have done 8 x 50 to the 150, and then 3 x 50 at the end. I like all the kicking you did!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    I like your workout. I probably would have modified the 8 x 150's to 100's drill backstroke, and then do the 3 x 100's backstroke. That's if I felt backstroky. But if I were in my 50 mode, i'd have done 8 x 50 to the 150, and then 3 x 50 at the end. I like all the kicking you did!
    You know you live so close that if you ever wanted to swim with us i am pretty sure you would be welcome. Since you like the all out 500s perhaps you should join us on a distance day