View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thursday, June 20

Rate this Entry
950 EZ with 1 burst

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Took yesterday off. Was driving home from Pittsburgh anyway. Dragged myself to pool today. Still feeling very poorly, but a tad better after a short swim. Less than 48 hours for this cold to take its leave. It's not the cold so much but the fatigue that sucks right now. I have ratcheted down my expectations. Thankfully my focus event is on Sunday. Here's wishing for energy to seep back in soon!

Submit "Thursday, June 20" to Digg Submit "Thursday, June 20" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, June 20" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, June 20" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I wish you some quality rest and a delightful meet. Best of luck
    I think you should try a different approach, just beat that sickness into submission. There are still slots left in the 1500.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    I think you should try a different approach, just beat that sickness into submission. There are still slots left in the 1500.
    Hope you are feeling better! Ok, i've been gone from forums so long you will have to give a quick reminder/udpate: Do you live in Pitts now? Where, exactly? You can PM me if too personal to put out there. Where will you swim? Yours truly wants to know and will join you each year on my annual pilgrimage to Pitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    I wish you some quality rest and a delightful meet. Best of luck
    Thanks! I'd love to wake up Sat and feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    Ha! I leave the 1500s to Lil Fort on the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Hope you are feeling better! Ok, i've been gone from forums so long you will have to give a quick reminder/udpate: Do you live in Pitts now? Where, exactly? You can PM me if too personal to put out there. Where will you swim? Yours truly wants to know and will join you each year on my annual pilgrimage to Pitt!
    I'm moving to Mt. Lebanon on July 21. Not sure exactly where Im going to swim. Perhaps at the Upper Sinclair rec center for awhile. Mt. Lebanon high school is building a brand new pool. I'm hoping there are no shallow ends. I may swim at the Sewickly Y on Friday nights with Jimby.
    I might also drop in on some Team Pitt practices at U of Pitt. But I would be modifying like crazy because the coach gives long aerobic sets. I'm very bummed that the public can't join that pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I'm moving to Mt. Lebanon on July 21. Not sure exactly where Im going to swim. Perhaps at the Upper Sinclair rec center for awhile. Mt. Lebanon high school is building a brand new pool. I'm hoping there are no shallow ends. I may swim at the Sewickly Y on Friday nights with Jimby.
    Leslie, my younger sister used to live there and I know my Dad has sampled the pools around there. You can ask him this weekend for any recommendations. I know I swam in a decent-enough-for-training pool there years ago (before I started tracking pools).
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Leslie, my younger sister used to live there and I know my Dad has sampled the pools around there. You can ask him this weekend for any recommendations. I know I swam in a decent-enough-for-training pool there years ago (before I started tracking pools).
    I think there are decent pools. My main concern is finding a pool without one end being 4 feet deep. All the pools I've found (save the universities) seem to feature this. 4 feet is really tough for me to train in with my SDKs. From the pictures, it looks like even the new high school pool under construction has a shallow end. I don't see any digital clocks either. I find all this fairly depressing. I may sign up for a class at U of Pitt just so I can train in their pool. Not sure how long I'd last only training in sh*tty pools.
    Growing up, there aren't any really good pools; Pitt was the best around. Bummer, with tunnel traffic/construction, it's tough to get to your side of town - my parents live in the East Suburbs. I may go to my former team and their masters workouts - but probably not since i've never made them in the 12 years i've been going home with my girls. Their pools are the Henry Kaufman outdoor pool and they swim at the JCCS in Squirrel Hill in the winter. Alderdice pool pops up on their schedule as well. My brother swam for a few weeks at Hampton dolfins masters. No George Mason quality pools come to mind.
    JCCS isn't bad. Just super shallow in one end like all the others. I don't usually train at Mason. I typically go to our rec centers. But both rec centers near me are perfectly fine for training with at least 6-7 feet of depth. I wonder if it would be that hard to get to Pitt mid day? I think they have some masters practices at noon and at night (Water Rats early am practices are not an option for me).