View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Zones, Less is More, Day 2

Rate this Entry
Zones, Day 2

-- scratched the evil events

50 fly, 30.29, NR

My start wasn't as crisp as usual. My feet were separated when I hit the water. Had just an OK breakout. My fly felt smooth, but my turnover slowed a bit the last 10 meters. Small glide at the finish. Solid swim, but not at the level of my SCY 50 fly at Nats. Still happy with the time! I broke the NR, but missed the WR by .05 (which was my goal for this meet). I was a tiny bit disappointed, but, given everything, I'll gladly take the 30.29. I'm also psyched to have the 50 fly record in all three courses, despite not being a long course swimmer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I only swam 3 of my 6 individual events at this Zones meet. It was all I had the physical and mental energy for, and even that was pushing it. The timing of my malaise sucked, but one has to expect that as a masters swimmer. I'm glad I bucked up and swam the meet. The times were not PRs, but they were my best in my current age group and best non-tech suit times. And I am hopeful they will hold up as FINA #1s. I'll be watching the results at Mission for sure.

The best part of the meet -- as usual -- was hanging out with PV friends and teammates. And it was nice to see Patrick, who closed out the meet with a nice looking 400 IM.

Submit "Zones, Less is More, Day 2" to Digg Submit "Zones, Less is More, Day 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Zones, Less is More, Day 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Zones, Less is More, Day 2" to Google

Updated June 23rd, 2013 at 10:34 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Masters Swim Meets / Events

Comments

i'm glad to have had the pleasure of meeting you today and look forward to your future blog post workouts. It can't but help this old distance swimmer ! I watched your fifty and your thoughts are right on, it did look like you tightened up with 10 to 12 mtrs to go ... 2 breaths, nice ...a very impressive 50. take care jack c
    Nice to meet you, Jack! I thought I took 3 breaths, but I'm too tired to really remember. If you want some good sprint workouts, check out the High Intensity Training workouts I write.