View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, April 28

Rate this Entry
Still feeling simultaneously and

Yesterday, I swam very slowly for about 35-40 minutes with Stud and sat in a hot tub. Stud has a very fancy state-of-the-art snorkle!

Got a post meet deep tissue massage later. The therapist said my calves were a "mess." She was worried the cramping problems might indicate some vitamin deficiency or absorption issue. Dunno ... I try to be careful about potassium. I think the suspect, which I tend to blame for all post 40s negativity, is hormones. The alternative is that I am not used to swimming that many events and doing starts. All the starts might have been what did in my calves. Hamstrings are tight as well.

I was also cogitating on WTH accounts for my 50 evil at Zones. I recently swam a 50 evil in LC in a B70 that converted to about my seed time. So I was not sandbagging and the drop is somewhat inexplicable. I haven't been lunging, which is apparently good for evilstroke ... I guess it could be just overall strength improvement. Or maybe it was a well-timed fluke!

I do feel like a owe a big THANK YOU to everyone giving me advice and encouragement on my blog!!! It really helps! Special thanks to Jazz and QBrain for all the weight advice. Jimby may think the B70 is "magic," and I do love it, but I'm inclined to think weights are more magical.

Today, I hobbled out in the sunshine for a 5 mile jog (the word "run" is not really applicable & I walked an "up" on mile 4). Legs were dead, but it felt fabulous to be outside.

Uploaded pictures from the weekend. I think we have a new candidate for Speedo Man! lol. Remind me never to take a picture with Hulk again. He makes me look like a freaking midget.

http://forums.usms.org/album.php?albumid=65

Submit "Tuesday, April 28" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, April 28" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, April 28" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, April 28" to Google

Updated April 28th, 2009 at 10:37 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Running

Comments

Thanks for posting those pictures - they were great fun to peep. Seeing all that fun makes me think I should get off my duff and go to some "away" meets!
    Looks like you all had a great time
    Again Fort....great meet this week-end! I can imagine your body might remind you about your uber-performances this week-end....my advice: "Respect your body!"
    I enjoyed the great pics you posted. It's always fun to see the faces behind the blogs!
    I hope i get to meet lots of you this summer in Indy!
    You are welcome, and I receive great benefit to my own training from your posts and the comments on your blog. Thank you as well.
    Please do not get the people curious about my fancy snorkel!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Please do not get the people curious about my fancy snorkel!
    I would be coming up with a story about your Union Jack before I would worry about questions on your fancy snorkle.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I would be coming up with a story about your Union Jack before I would worry about questions on your fancy snorkle.
    Seriously, I thought about posting that Speedo Man pic on the forum ... Since the prior Speedo Man was banned ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi
    Thanks for posting those pictures - they were great fun to peep. Seeing all that fun makes me think I should get off my duff and go to some "away" meets!
    Looks like you all had a great time
    We did! Away meets are good for meeting forumites and friends. Masters swimmers are just simply a great bunch of people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Again Fort....great meet this week-end! I can imagine your body might remind you about your uber-performances this week-end....my advice: "Respect your body!"
    I enjoyed the great pics you posted. It's always fun to see the faces behind the blogs!
    I hope i get to meet lots of you this summer in Indy!
    I made an effort to take more pics this time!! Partially cuz I wanted you guys to know who we all are. Indy should be awesome.

I'm going to take it easy for a few more days. It usually takes me 3 days to recover from a 2 day meet and I swam more events than usual. No super rush to come back.
    I think that it was your hard work that made you swim fast more than the suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    I think that it was your hard work that made you swim fast more than the suit.
    Thanks, Tom. If I had just swum in the suit at Zones for the first time, that would be one thing. I've been using it for almost a year and swimming the same events. Yeesh!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I would be coming up with a story about your Union Jack
    He just put the suit up as his FB profile pic ... didn't even try to claim it as a grab bag selection ...
    You can mock all you want. Those Splish suits are F.A.S.T.