View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 39 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I woke ahead of my alarm once again this morning. Despite being tired I had a good aerobic workout today, swum mainly on my own. It's funny how people avoid my lane and I think I know why; it's less about being lapped and more about not wanting to swim my workout(or my other hunch is I smell). Today I was the only one in my lane swimming a mid distance set, everyone else was doing 100s. I really enjoyed today's workout and was tempted to go back for more this evening, but my wife put an end to that thought by reminding me of my promise.

Warm up
400 free with a snorkel
6x50 catchup drill on 50

Main set
10x300 pull with bouy and paddles on 3.45
100 easy
4x(100 fast with fins with 10 seconds rest, 50 easy with fins, 50 fast with fins with 10 seconds rest)

Warm down
100 easy breathing every 7

Total 4700meters

I held 1.10 pace throughout the 300 set and upto the last one felt pretty good. On the last 300 my shoulders and Lat's stiffened up and I had to push pretty hard to hold my pace. I think I can probably drop my pace or reduce my rest or both the next time we do this.

Submit "Week 39 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 39 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 39 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 39 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

10x300 pull with bouy and paddles on 3.45
    Yow - that's a animal lane set for sure. Good work.
    Thanks. I love sets like this, especially long course meters. We did a timed 20 minute swim the other week and I held this pace for just over 1600 but this is the longest set we have done to date swimming long course. Despite backing off my distance and hours in the pool,over the summer I am feeling pretty good swimming long course and can't wait to race long course at zones.
    I don't like swimming in your lane because I do not want to be lapped. Maybe one day ill be able to keep up with you
    It was funny this morning, because I was done with my warmup before anyone else got in my lane.

The rate you are building up your endurance you will be at my pace before you know it.