View RSS Feed

One Stroke at a Time

Happy Birthday to Me!

Rate this Entry
by , June 25th, 2013 at 02:35 PM (508 Views)
June 25th
Lunch Bunch
550 every 4th length non-free
8 x 50 ten sec rest 25 skull/25 pull
50 easy/50 fast/100 easy/100 fast/150 easy/150 fast/200 easy/200 fast kick easy 60 sec base fast 50 sec base
10 x 125 2:00 50 free/25 breast/50 free

It's my birthday today. I'm 44. I started my day in near (happy) tears when my 6 year old gave me the sweetest card I have ever seen. He's not very into drawing and coloring and I knew that he worked very hard on it.

I was a little stiff at work-out today. I guess that's what happens when there is no warmdown after a 400 IM. I was really happy to make the kick set. Everyone else was wearing fins but I never wear fins (I had a pair that I loved that I kept for 20+ years-- they were issued to me freshmen year of college. After they bit the dust a few years ago, I haven't been able to bring myself to get a new pair.) I'm going to spend the evening at the prelims of the summer league championship swim meet. Don't feel sorry though. I went out for an amazing birthday dinner on Satuday. Here's a pic of the dessert. It's a Chocolate Bag. Yes, it's a bag made out of chocolate and filled with goodness.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1993.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	7697

Submit "Happy Birthday to Me!" to Digg Submit "Happy Birthday to Me!" to del.icio.us Submit "Happy Birthday to Me!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Happy Birthday to Me!" to Google

Updated June 25th, 2013 at 04:10 PM by MaryR

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Happy birthday! That desert looks real good.
    Bappy hirthday!
    Happy birthday!
    We often ask ourselves questions what we'd do if... I know that if meteors were falling and sharks were attacking I couldn't swim that fast to save the Earth. I admire your speed, strength, and focus.