captains chair leg raises, 2 x 15
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 15
flutter kicks on bosu, 2 x 100
leg abductor, 90 x 3 x 8
low row, 70 x 2 x 8
overhead squats, 45 x 2 x 8

Bike, 45 min

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am recovered from the nasty cold that blighted my Zones meet! I took a couple days off to recover and catch up on life. I decided to hit the gym today for some stress release. I'll likely stay out of the pool the rest of the week. I must say it's a tremendous relief not having to worry about being in top form anymore. The last few weeks before Zones it was difficult to concentrate on swimming. I watched my 50 free and 50 back vids that Patrick kindly posted. I was really struggling the last 10-15 meters in both. I would guess that most of this was due to the effects of the summer cold. I had thought that doing lots of AFAP 50s in practice would be sufficient for fast 50s in a meet. But I'm not entirely sure this is correct. Or maybe anyone would look bad when racing next to speedy Erika Braun and Ruth Nichols! Erika set the NR in the 50 back in that heat.

Here's the 50 back vid:

I looked perilously close to the 15 meter mark. Patrick correctly comments on the issues I had moving too close to the lane line and the long glide at the finish.

Submit "Wed., June 26" to Digg Submit "Wed., June 26" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., June 26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., June 26" to Google

Updated June 26th, 2013 at 05:07 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Spinning

Comments