View RSS Feed

Blog

6|27|13 noon SCM lactate production in the sun

Rate this Entry
Water - 87F
Air - 91F

500 warmup WFSP

15 x 50 on 2:00
  • most were 35's, a couple were slightly slower, the 1st was 43, and the second was 32

700 aerobic

10 block starts

Submit "6|27|13 noon SCM lactate production in the sun" to Digg Submit "6|27|13 noon SCM lactate production in the sun" to del.icio.us Submit "6|27|13 noon SCM lactate production in the sun" to StumbleUpon Submit "6|27|13 noon SCM lactate production in the sun" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like all your workouts! No garbage yardage. Nice to see you doing lots of starts. After all, if a start and breakout is 35% of your 50 race, you should be doing lots of starts! The only thing I would change is to always do a breakout if you can. The reason is that is a serious competitive advantage for you - it's the critical connection between the speed off the blocks and the super fine tuning into the stroke and maintaining speed. If you can get to the 15 meter mark faster, with less energy (because you've been working on them!) and also carrying more speed yet use the least % of your total energy relative to the competition, then WOW you will have a great race!
    Breakouts are also one of my weaknesses, I'm such a procrastinator.

I find it difficult to time the breakout such that the initial strokes are at full steam. I always end up trying to adjust my rhythm (I guess, or position) to get my arms going full speed, but by that time I've already been through a few strokes and seconds. But yes, in LCM there are only two areas to mess up, the start and breakout