View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

More 50 free feedback

Rate this Entry
by , June 27th, 2013 at 03:49 PM (417 Views)
All SCM, Baylor as usual

Between last blog and now, I did 2 x 50 frees and went 29 on both, perhaps 28 high on one of them. Coach watched my last one and totally started me late, so a big discussion between coach and lanemates on how much time to "give back' to me. Regardless, it is disappointing to not actually see the 29. It totally sucks to have a coach say takeyourmarkgo! That is not one word, thank you very much.

Pointers:
1. I looked strong! This is not typical.
2. I had my head buried! Yes, I think I was even tucking my chin! That needs immediate correction.
3. My shoulders and head were plowing through the water. Yes, I felt at one point, I am so low in the water and my shoulders are plankton feeding....

Part of it is how tired I am, but also I feel so heavy in the water. And really tight all over. Bloated, too. Like an accordian past it's recommended PSI level.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Today we did 25's. W did

2 sets, 1 pull :45 and 1 swim :40
12 x 25's
3 5 7 9 10 11 12 fast
I held 16's on the pull and 15-16 on the swims
I did like the last 4; they were quite challenging.
I have a long way to go on these. I felt like I was "barely hanging on" instead of embracing the last 4. As much as it was hurting me, I knew it was still my competitive advantage and hurting everyone else more.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I think i'm doing too much filler bits. One of the sets was 6 x 100's and then 300 this or that, and really, I should have been doing starts or turns only. I was so confused on the interval and completely swimming into oblivion. I'll have to really watch out for anything that even whiffs of possible filler bit material. I should doubt even 50 sets unless they are on 2 min or more. Yes, that's it! I should doubt everything to give me the confidence to do nothing so I can swim faster. I feel too broken down now, and just limping my way along with no improvement.

Submit "More 50 free feedback" to Digg Submit "More 50 free feedback" to del.icio.us Submit "More 50 free feedback" to StumbleUpon Submit "More 50 free feedback" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have you contemplated doing some reading on how Michael Andrew trains and following that? For all the commentary about his going pro so young, it will be an interesting experiment in training to watch. Of course, I'd rather see it work on a broader group of kids, not a huge kid who clearly has a lot of physical talent.
    <edited because the comment was for Chris's blog and I somehow left it here>
    My comment above was in relation to you doing too much extra stuff in addition to just the race pace stuff he does. Not sure what kind of 'filler' sets he does.
    Thanks PWB - and actually, yes, I am thinking of doing more pure sprint only. It seems I am so tired all the time, and after that stoooooopid 6 x 100's, I was thinking I would have gottten more out of the set had I done 6 x dives instead. It's not perfect, but if I am doing 2 x a week of 1 hour cardio drylands, maybe that can entirely replace the 6 x 100's types of sets, and when I am in the water, to focus soley on sprinty bits.I just don't have the time or energy to do everything in the water.