4-6 = 50 stroke choice + 100 free + 50 dolphin kick on back
-- I did these all!
-- instead of 100 free, I did 50 free + 50 back kick
-- Cruised most of it except for 3-4 of the initial 50s were at 100 pace
100 EZ

1 x 200 IM for time off blocks
-- NOOOOOO!!!
-- 50 back for time from the blocks, 31
- 31 after a long aerobic set?! Did I not just swim a 32.4 at my meet? Heehee, I took 30 dolphin kicks instead of 15. Though this time certainly suggests that the summer cold cost me in Richmond.
100 EZ

9 x 50 w/fin & paddles @ :50
-- went 35-36s
150 EZ

-- I think I forgot something ... brain clutter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a very rare evening where Fort Son was able to pick Lil Fort up at track practice and deposit her at Thursday night swim team dinner. So I hopped in the car to go to my team practice with Teen Fort. I certainly hadn't planned on swimming on my own this week, but swimming with my team sounded fun. I figured I'd be pretty tired today after a real LCM aerobic practice, and I am. But no rest for the weary, I have mega prep for Teen Fort's grad party tomorrow!

Submit "Team LCM, Thursday, June 27" to Digg Submit "Team LCM, Thursday, June 27" to del.icio.us Submit "Team LCM, Thursday, June 27" to StumbleUpon Submit "Team LCM, Thursday, June 27" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Clarify please - so the 50 back - was it legal at the 15m mark? And did you do a backstroke start?
    It was a backstroke start. But not legal, under 25 meters. Still pretty fast coming after 2500 neters or so.
    A :31/50 BK is awesome with either 30 and/or 15 DKs! The 9x50 on :50 holding 35-36 w/fins-paddles is an excellent LCM effort too! I think you are using #412 Water Gear Fins, which I am looking to acquire in size 7-9 (yellow). I was wondering what size you wear and how the fit is for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    A :31/50 BK is awesome with either 30 and/or 15 DKs! The 9x50 on :50 holding 35-36 w/fins-paddles is an excellent LCM effort too! I think you are using #412 Water Gear Fins, which I am looking to acquire in size 7-9 (yellow). I was wondering what size you wear and how the fit is for you.
    Thanks Frank!

I wear size 7-9 medium Water Gear fins. They fit me great, almost perfect size for a womens size 8. I wasn't using them during practice though. I had to borrow a pair of fins (forgot to put mine back in the bag after the meet) and they were floppy. Horrors!
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Frank -

FWIW I got a pair of the lovely lime green size 11-13 and they are just slightly small on me although I usually wear size 11 1/2 shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.carlson
    Frank -

FWIW I got a pair of the lovely lime green size 11-13 and they are just slightly small on me although I usually wear size 11 1/2 shoes
    Thanks for that information. At men's foot size 8.5, I was thinking the yellow 7-9 fins would fit me slightly small, but that the red 9-11 fins may fit me slightly large. I plan to use them mostly for quality fast training, where a loose fit may come off. But now I lean towards the red 9-11 fins, as Fort with women's size 8 feet appears to be comfortable with fins yellow 7-9.