View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 39 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
Internet issues at my house delayed me posting this workout. Saturday mornings workout was one of the best practices I have had since I got back in the pool. The warmup was a little different than usual and my heart rate was up after about 4 of the opening 100s. I felt strong throughout the workout.

8x100 on 1.20 swum as 75 free, 25 back
12x50 swum with snorkel, 12.5 streamline kick, 12.5 swim, 12.5 streamline kick, 12.5 swim on 50
100 easy
8x100 on 2mins best average instructed to hold under 1min
100 easy
5x100 kick with fins on 1.30
100 easy
8x50 shark fin free drill on 1min

Total 3400 yards

The warmup set of 100s I held about 1.10s. I felt strong on the kick set holding 40s. The main set of fast 100s was great. Initially I was instructed to do 6 x100 but coach changed this after 5(this felt like a kick in the you know what's) to 8. I held 56s until I was told about the extra 2x100s. I went 57 on number 6 and then went back to 56s on the last two. Needless to say 7 out of 8 100s holding 56s was very pleasing to say the least. My kick in particular feels strong at the moment and I seem to finally be able to not just kick in a kick set but i am now able to bring the kick into my free swimming and feel somewhat comfortable with a 6 beat kick.

Submit "Week 39 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 39 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 39 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 39 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

That is an awesome performance on those best average 100s!

That first set would've been a bit of a rude awakening for me; I doubt I would've made it. I need at least 600-700 of easy to build swimming before I could make that.
    Thank-you Patrick. I was very pleased with this set and more generally my swimming as a whole the last few weeks. After having a great Nationals I seem to have picked up my training pace even more. My coach said he thinks I now have a good base from which to kick on. How I feel now compared to when I first got back in the pool in October is like night and day. Both my distance and shorter distances feel strong and despite not tapering this summer I am looking forward to a few long course meets in the next month with a view to worlds next year. I have not sat down with my coach yet to talk about a training and meet program for next year but plan on having a meeting before I up my training volume again in the fall. Unlike the end of my college swimming career I am having so much fun back in the pool.
    I can tell you are having fun and it is contagious! I am excited to see how you do at zones. You are such a great swimmer!
    Thanks Nikki and I am glad you too are enjoying your swimming again. If we can get a core group excited and working to keep each other motivated we will improve together and have great fun. Keep up your hard work and you will have some great swims this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Thanks Nikki and I am glad you too are enjoying your swimming again. If we can get a core group excited and working to keep each other motivated we will improve together and have great fun. Keep up your hard work and you will have some great swims this summer.

I wasn't real excited until we went to nationals. It felt so good competing like that again. I can't wait for the many more swim meets ahead.