View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sat., June 29

Rate this Entry
Bike, 60 minutes

Took Friday off to run around like a crazy person and get rained/stormed on constantly. Saturday, the girls had a summer league meet in the am and Teen Fort had her grad party in the afternoon. I managed 60 minutes on the bike that night. Today, Lil Fort had a track meet, which took most of the day. I may hop on the bike again, but I'm kinda bushed. Plan to pop (not poop!) in the pool tomorrow. Only 20 days until we are moved into our house in Pittsburgh where our renovations are almost complete. Yikes! And track nationals are July 25-27 and summer league divisional champs are July 27. I will likely miss Teen Fort's last meet.

Right now, I am enjoying a rare quiet moment in the house when no one is home. Mr. Fort took Lil Fort + friends to a Darren Cris concert. Lucky me!

Submit "Sat., June 29" to Digg Submit "Sat., June 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat., June 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat., June 29" to Google

Categories
Spinning

Comments

  1. Water Rat's Avatar
    20 days? does that mean you will travel back to DC for the summer league champs?
    Should I expect you at 5:15am at Lebo's pool on the 21st?
  2. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    20 days? does that mean you will travel back to DC for the summer league champs?Should I expect you at 5:15am at Lebo's pool on the 21st?
  3. The Fortress's Avatar
    Hmm what happened to my comment?

    Lil Fort and I will miss summer league champs bc well be in NC fir track nationals. Teen Fort will be on her own for her last hurrah.

    Apparently, most Pitt swimmers are maochists or early birds. Noon is early enough for me! At least Jimby is on my schedule!
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Hmm what happened to my comment?

    Lil Fort and I will miss summer league champs bc well be in NC fir track nationals. Teen Fort will be on her own for her last hurrah.

    Apparently, most Pitt swimmers are maochists or early birds. Noon is early enough for me! At least Jimby is on my schedule!
  5. fdtotten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Hmm what happened to my comment?

    Lil Fort and I will miss summer league champs bc well be in NC fir track nationals. Teen Fort will be on her own for her last hurrah.

    Apparently, most Pitt swimmers are maochists or early birds. Noon is early enough for me! At least Jimby is on my schedule!
    Your lost comment became a double post.

    As it appears your family has been multi-sport, multi-athlete for many years now, the unfortunate time conflict is most likely more the norm in your case...

    For many years I was a 5:30am type lap swimmer, and just like I finally realized the high exposure and risk of riding a bicycle in high traffic areas, retiring from that kind of activity by early 30s, I also eventually gave up the early am and/or late pm swimming to better take care of my family and myself. It is mid-morning or noontime swimming for me.
    Updated July 1st, 2013 at 08:02 PM by fdtotten
  6. Water Rat's Avatar
    We r mostly morning masochists. A few r night owls. I think u know something about that. I get too hungry by noon!
  7. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    We r mostly morning masochists. A few r night owls. I think u know something about that. I get too hungry by noon!
    Do I remember that there are some workouts at U of Pitt at noon?

    I got up at 9:00 am today.
  8. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Your lost comment became a double post.

    As it appears your family has been multi-sport, multi-athlete for many years now, the unfortunate time conflict is most likely more the norm in your case...

    For many years I was a 5:30am type lap swimmer, and just like I finally realized the high exposure and risk of riding a bicycle in high traffic areas, retiring from that kind of activity by early 30s, I also eventually gave up the early am and/or late pm swimming to better take of my family and myself. It is mid-morning or noontime swimming for me.
    Water Rat goes to bed super early. But I suspect many of the 5:30 am types are quite sleep deprived. I did sleep deprived for many years. I can't do it anymore! And it is much healthier to get adequate sleep.