View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 40 - Monday

Rate this Entry
Nothing eventful today, just a straight forwaRd workout.

400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 50
6x200 pull with paddles and bouy on 2.30
100 easy
12x50 on 1 min swum as 25 streamline kick with snorkel, 25 swim with over kick
100 easy
4x(2x50 on 35 free, 50 back on 40, 50 easy on 1min)
400 free breathing every 5

Total 3900 meters

I held 2.20s on the 200 pulls. 45s on the 50s kick/over kick. The set of fast 50s was surprisingly hard but I held 32s on the free and 38s on the back.

Submit "Week 40 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 40 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 40 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 40 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

My shoulders would be screaming with that 6 x 200 set done as pull w/ paddles and :10 rests. I might be able to hold 2:20s if it was 6 x 150!
    Touch wood I have not had shoulder problems. I get a little muscle soreness periodically but nothing bad and fingers crossed it will remain that way. This set was swum more like a transition set yesterday so i was not pushing as hard as i could. Over the remainder of the summer I want to get down to holding 1.07 pace on these sets which will require me to up my game.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnair
    My shoulders would be screaming with that 6 x 200 set done as pull w/ paddles and :10 rests. I might be able to hold 2:20s if it was 6 x 150!
    I was thinking similar thoughts. At first I thought this was SCYards, and then the Meters was at the bottom!! WOW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I was thinking similar thoughts. At first I thought this was SCYards, and then the Meters was at the bottom!! WOW!!
    This from the man who races people who are doing 200 free while doing fly! To me thats incredible.

I think in some ways I am living in my past but I know I used to be quick and despite knowing I wont ever be that quick again due to age, I am enjoying trying. I cant believe how much fun I am having setting goals and going after them.