View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Monday, July 1, 2013 AM & PM (yep...a DOUBLE, my first)

Rate this Entry
That's right, I threw in a double today, which I believe is my first daily double swim workout with Velocity Swimming since I joined them last September. Normally I don't get to swim in the mornings with my summer work schedule, but the cherry season just isn't what it normally is. This morning I didn't have to start till 9:00am, so I was able to swim for an hour and a half...then had time to return for more punishment in the evening. My coach John didn't expect to see me there tonight at all!!

A.M. Workout/Warmup
400 Free
400 Kick w/ long fins
400 Free Pull
(1200/1200)

5 x 200 IM @ 4:00 (still warmupish)
(1000/2200)

w/ Paddles and Long fins:
8 x 350 broken into:
  • 200 IM cruise @ 3:30
  • 100 Stroke Fast @ 2:00
  • 50 Stroke Fast @ 1:30

The 100s stroke went Fly, Back, Breast, Free
The 50s stroke were reverse, going Free, Breast, Back, Fly
(1400/3600)

I only did 4 of the 350s before I had to get out. I wasn't using any paddles at all with the IM/Fly stuff involved, and I just suck at swimming with fins on. I bet the YMCA lap swimmers could even swim faster than me with their fins on.

------------------------------
3600 LCMeters

....then about 8 hours of work done, and...
well over 100 degrees as well (about 103)

P.M. Workout/Warmup:
1000 Choice (all Free for me)
(1000/1000)

8 x 150 Kick w/ long fins @ 2:20
I did 2 x 150s, 2 x 100s, 2 x 150s, 2 x 100s
(1000/2000)

**team water break**

6 x 200 Choice (did Free) @ 4:00 (Desc. 1-3, 4-6)
came down to a 2:28 on the final 200
(1200/3200)

**team water break**

16 x 50 Odds V-sit scull @ 1:45, Evens Front Scull @ 1:30
not fun at all!!!
(800/4000)

Sprinting with a partner - we matched up with someone in our lane who was approximately our same speed - I got Henry, who is now faster than me, but I once was able to cream him. Ahhh...the youth...gotta love them.

6 x 50 All Out @ 1:30
4 of them Free, 1 Fly, then 1 Free
I was around Henry's shoulder or so on each on at the finish, so I was able to hang with him at least.
(300/4300)

200 EZ

-------------------------
4500 LCMeters
+
3600 from the a.m.

===================
Wow...8100 LCMeters!!!

Submit "Monday, July 1, 2013 AM & PM (yep...a DOUBLE, my first)" to Digg Submit "Monday, July 1, 2013 AM & PM (yep...a DOUBLE, my first)" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, July 1, 2013 AM & PM (yep...a DOUBLE, my first)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, July 1, 2013 AM & PM (yep...a DOUBLE, my first)" to Google

Comments

Hasn't it been a good cherry season? I know I've been eating them lately!

Nice job with the double.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Hasn't it been a good cherry season? I know I've been eating them lately!

Nice job with the double.
    The cherries are still being processed, but with the cooler weather that started it off, followed by the rain that swelled them up, followed by the heat that bursts the swelled cherries...it's not all that good. But there are still good ones, we just can't run as fast as normal, so it's "slow" for us. We're only running about 6-8 tons of fruit an hour, vs. the normal 16-25 tons on hour that we can do. Honestly, as a maintenance guy...I like the 6 tons an hour that we're doing... Less stuff to mess up when it's slower.

...and thanks.
    wow, an LCM double. Yeah, we don't have that kind of luxury around my neck of the woods. It is hard to find reasonable LCM swimming, period.
    Well done on the double James! Way to take it to that hardcore next level :P
    16 x 50 V sit scull ?!?! That is ghastly. Oh wait, I see only half of them were. Still ...

Sore today? :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    wow, an LCM double. Yeah, we don't have that kind of luxury around my neck of the woods. It is hard to find reasonable LCM swimming, period.
    It's not all it's cracked up to be! I'm waiting for SCY again soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    Well done on the double James! Way to take it to that hardcore next level :P
    Thanks! but I paid for it today. My arms were just about dead, and I quit early on tonight's practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    16 x 50 V sit scull ?!?! That is ghastly. Oh wait, I see only half of them were. Still ...

Sore today? :-)
    Yeah, that's what we all thought too!! 1/2 of them, 1/4 of them, whatever...LCM V-Sits suck worse than a sprinter swimming a 200 Fly!!!

My hands and forearms were sore about 2/3 of the way through the sculling set, and yes, I was tired today as well.