View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:30-8:00pm

Rate this Entry
Hot hot hot day today. While it is common for us to reach over 100 degrees, it usually happens much later into the summer - beginning of August or so...not the first of July. And today wasn't just a little over, it was way over - at 106!! Just last week we had highs of 70 and rain rain rain. Not even a transition period at all to get ready for it. Just over the weekend it went straight to the high 90s, and then 100s, and now
The water was hot too. It seemed to change almost overnight too!

Warmup:

600 Free
(600/600)

Kick Set:
3 rounds of:
  • 1 x 200 SDK w/ long fins @ 3:20
  • 2 x 100 SDK w/ long fins @ 1:35
  • 2 x 50 SDK w/ long fins @ :45

I made them all, but took my fins off for the final round of 50s at the end. Blisters were killing me.
(1500/2100)

Lane Rotation Day:
started with the bucket pulling - paddles, buoy, and bucket
12 x 50 @ 2:00
Of course I got one of the "new" buckets, that only had six 3/8" holes drilled in the bottom!! Still, I rocked it!! Old guy still has muscle power over the kids.
(600/2700)

next lane:
16 x 50 @ 1:30 Odds Drill, Evens Sprint, 4 of each stroke
I did the 4 Fly, and 4 Back, then got out...It was 8:00, so I did get 90 minutes in...
(400/3100)

------------------------------
3100 LC Meters

Submit "Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:30-8:00pm" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:30-8:00pm" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:30-8:00pm" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:30-8:00pm" to Google

Comments

Do they use aerators to help cool the water there?

Most of our outdoor pools here have them, and they do make a difference. Kino only has portable units, but there are I think 6, and the water feels much cooler, especially in the morning.
    Heck, even my backyard pool has a small aerator. Not sure how much good that one does though.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Do they use aerators to help cool the water there?

Most of our outdoor pools here have them, and they do make a difference. Kino only has portable units, but there are I think 6, and the water feels much cooler, especially in the morning.
    Heck, even my backyard pool has a small aerator. Not sure how much good that one does though.
    No, they don't have those around here. It's never usually a problem. This is an older pool, and it's only open for public use after school closes each year, until around the 2nd or 3rd week of August when it closes. The swim team gets earlier access to it around the end of May, if they get water in it. I guess we'll just have to tough our way through the hot tub.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    No, they don't have those around here. It's never usually a problem. This is an older pool, and it's only open for public use after school closes each year, until around the 2nd or 3rd week of August when it closes. The swim team gets earlier access to it around the end of May, if they get water in it. I guess we'll just have to tough our way through the hot tub.
    That sounds like the pool I swam in while I was in the Cleveland area. It was outside, beside an elementary school. I think it had 8 lanes, but they were very narrow (the coach said it was about 18 yards across).
    Thankfully when I was there, heat (or cooling the pool) wasn't a problem. High temps were only 70-75. I think they were heating the water as it felt a little warm to me. But certainly cooler than what we have here right now.
    According to my brother, the pool is open to the public for limited usage (he said he and his kids had been there at some point). They were surprised that I was swimming there, especially so early, as they didn't realize it was open so early in the day. Then I had to explain the whole thing about team swimming...