View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 40 - Friday

Rate this Entry
We went to the local fireworks display and I was anticipating a very late night but to my pleasant surprise we did not hit much traffic and I was home in bed at 10.30pm. I had a great nights sleep and woke up 2 minutes before my alarm was due to go off. I felt good this morning.

Warmup
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 50
10x50 kick on 55

Main set
3x300 on 4mins breathing 3,5,7
3x200 on 2.30 descend 1-3
3x100 on 1.10
400 with snorkel 12 beat kicking(never done this before, but you have to pause are each arm)
2x(2x50 on 30, 50 shark fin drill on 1 min)

Warm down
200 easy

Total 3900meters

On the 300s and the 200s i held 1.10 pace. The 100s were better and i held 1.03-1.05s. The 50s were crazy and I hit the first on each and then went 32s on the second 50

We have our meet tomorrow and based on how I have swum Wednesday and today I don't have high expectations for any fast swimming but it will be fun either way.

Submit "Week 40 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 40 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 40 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 40 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I love your attitude! I'm so excited for the meet tomorrow. It's going to be fun.
    I think towards the end of my college swimming days I had lost the love for swimming and I have definately recaptured it. I love working out and I really enjoy pushing myself. Masters has definately been a positive change to my life and I am enjoying myself.

I am glad you are enjoying yourself also and think you will Have fun tomorrow and at zones and i know you will have some great swims this summer.